Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Restraining Order/Mental Anguish/Trespassing California California

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Restraining Order/Mental Anguish/Trespassing California California

    I have an uncle who I'm trying to keep a distance from. He comes to my house and bangs on my door, no matter how much I tell him to go away and never come back. He suffered a brain injury from a stroke, and he thinks he can literally rule every aspect of my life. He does nothing but insult me. I feel nothing but intense rage every time I see him. He doesn't insult me outright, exactly. To my face, he talks to me like I'm a kid, but behind my back, to my other family members, he says endless derogatory things, like I'll end up as a male prostitute, or whatever. I'm sure I can find something.

    I think he abused me when I was a kid. He used to tell me I'm a real "f#$k up" and if he ever found out I was a homosexual, he said, he would beat the gay out of me. This was many years ago, but I think I was deeply scarred by it. Not that I am gay, but I was a kid, and when you're a kid, you can't be too sure.

    I want to know if there is anything I can do. I live in Los Angeles. Can I sue him? Can I press charges against him for trespassing? I live with my mom, and she rents, but she doesn't want him here either. What is the most I can do? I can't stand him. I swear, I think I'm going to kill myself if I have to listen to him again.
    Last edited by christmeal; 10-08-2007, 03:57 AM.

  • #2
    duplicate post
    Please no private messages about your situation.


    • #3

      I know, but I wasn't sure which to put it in. I wanted the best of both worlds.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.