Help Needed Bad In Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed Bad In Illinois

My ex and I have been broke up for 4 yrs now and I have a son. What the problem is that my son's half-brother which lives with is mom has been taking into dcfs custoy because she has abused him physically. The problems is they put the boy in to a foster home. Did they ever consider the other parent or grandparents. I am very confused and all we can do is call him and maybe a supervised visit once a month! If anyone has information or can tell me how maybe my ex can get his son back because he has done nothing wrong he has not been with here in 7 yrs.

Has he contacted CPS (or whatever acronymn applies) to see?
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

Yes we have been in contacted with so many people that it get confusing!

Comment

What has been the response?
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

They are doing a 2 hr assessment. They told them he would go to family before he goes to foster home. They were suppose to do a home visit to make sure everything was okay in the house. They never came. He went three weeks for they could talk to the caseworker because she would never answer or call back. So he called the supervisor and talked to her but then they called to let him talk to the son before he made his move to another foster home and give him the new number. He is in a very good home but this situation has been 2 months and know one has got the chance to see him. My ex is suppose to have 6 weeks out of the summer and who knows if he will even beable to see him. I can not believe they are taking out on the day so bad when she is the one who choose to abuse him/ When you talk to him all he talks about when are you coming to get me and i want to live there forever.

Comment

the grandma is gonna become a foster parent so we can try to get in with the family since he is in a foster home and she might have to take the other child that is nothing to them. we will do what we have to do to get to see him

Comment

Has the father made a motion for custody? In our state, if a child is in the custody of DCFS, they always try to reunite the child with the parent whom DCFS took custody from first (and they have to go through Juvenile court for the removal). Makes no sense but that's what they do. It took my exH to file for custody (after hiring an attorney) before they would acknowledge his right to his child. Then we had to have visitations for 6 months before she came to live here. Your ex needs to get with an attorney and you may also want to contact the childs GAL (Guardian Ad Litem / childs attorney) if there has been one assigned to the case.

I've got to head to work now but I'll try to check in later.

OSM
              Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

He as been in touch with the gol and it is not going any where. I know he needs to get attorney but last time it cost 3500 and she one they said that she was a fit mother and the child would be safe with her. It is very depressing. When you talk to him on the phone all he talks about how much he misses everyone and can not wait to come home.

Comment

Obviously, if he is in foster care there are issues with mom. Now the question is whether the father has more issues than the mother. The sooner he files, the better off his chances of gaining custody. The longer the child sits in foster care speaks volumes (at least to the court) of whether or not he gives a crap that his son is in foster care. That's just plain reality.
                  Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

Well let me explain something else she has three kids by three daddys and no one was able to get the kids. They have went to court when dcfs has told them to come about the children and followed every thing that they were to do. Or does he need to have a motion drawn up or what. They told the dad 2 months ago they would be coming for a home visit that has not happen there are times they leave a message and then a week later they call them back. They call consent to see what is going on and they will not answer.

Comment

Yes, he needs to file for custody.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X