No announcement yet.

child molestation Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was not being hostile or defensive but I am certainly not going to apologize for posting a useful comment. Even if the children being referred to in this situation are no longer in danger, someone else in need of assistance may read what I posted and find it useful to their own situation. I accidentally came across this site while I was looking for Indiana's statute of limitations for reporting childhood sexual abuse. It is likely that someone else will stumble across it the same way I did.

Comment

And then that someone else can start a new thread and ask their question just like you should do instead of digging up an old post that causes other posters to read something from last year when they could be helping others.

Comment

I was addressing my comment to the original poster. If you don't want people posting comments to old threads then perhaps you should close them!

Comment

I was addressing my comment to the original poster.
          Well, dear, the OP was last here in June, 2007, so I fear your insight shall be lost on her.

If your plan is to help people with your psychology degree, you might want to try listening (or reading) more closely and analyzing what is said to you before you respond.

No one asked you to apologize; no one said that your contribution might not help someone; no one suggested the thread had never gone off track before you stumbled upon it. You were advised (politely, I intended) on the etiquette of the forum. You chose to respond in a defensive, argumentative manner. Get a grip! Find some newer threads to respond to.

Comment

Originally posted by las365 View Post
            Well, dear, the OP was last here in June, 2007, so I fear your insight shall be lost on her.

If your plan is to help people with your psychology degree, you might want to try listening (or reading) more closely and analyzing what is said to you before you respond.

No one asked you to apologize; no one said that your contribution might not help someone; no one suggested the thread had never gone off track before you stumbled upon it. You were advised (politely, I intended) on the etiquette of the forum. You chose to respond in a defensive, argumentative manner. Get a grip! Find some newer threads to respond to.
            Again, if you do not want people posting comments on old threads you should close them. The only reason I even registered with labor law talk was to post a comment to that particular thread. I already stated why I thought my comments would be useful. Likely, if I read it someone else will as well. If you feel that your time was wasted by reading my comment I am sorry for you. Apparently however, you must not be extremely busy at the moment because you have spent considerable time degrading my usefulness instead of helping others. Additionally, it appears threads are posted by those in need of help with something and I do not so it would seem impolite of me to make it appear as if I do. I think that would be wasting the time of those that could be helping others. Any new comers to the web site searching for advice on childhood sexual abuse will find there way to the section containing new and old threads about others who sought advice on the unfortunate topic and I do hope that someone in need of help will stumble across my comment. If someone posts a thread in the future that I feel I could provide insight to I will gladly provide my comments. Please use the remainder of your energy on someone who needs advice. Thank for your concern in making sure I understand the etiquette of posting future comments. Your concern is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by aenorris2002 View Post
              The forum is not closed and I happen to have my own personal experience with this issue and I am a psychology student who has studied child molestation and false information from witnesses along with the McMartin pre-school case.
              Many on this forum have experience, and have taken more than a few psychology classes. The forum is open, but this thread is dead as far as the regular posters are concerned. The moderator leaves these threads open so the OP can post updates if they desire.

If these children were being abused a year ago it is possible that they are still being abused. Also, most of the responses had nothing to do with the original posters comments but about the guy who was bitter about being accused himself.
              This forum deals with actualities.

Forgive me for trying to help out children in need.
              You saw how this thread degraded. You should have just let it lie.

Comment

Originally posted by GotSmart View Post
                Many on this forum have experience, and have taken more than a few psychology classes. The forum is open, but this thread is dead as far as the regular posters are concerned. The moderator leaves these threads open so the OP can post updates if they desire.

I have had more than a few psychology classes. I will be attending graduate school in the fall.

This forum deals with actualities.

?

You saw how this thread degraded. You should have just let it lie.
                I would expect someone with no empathy to make such a comment. I responded to the OP. If they have the same e-mail address my comment was sent directly to them at their personal e-mail address. My hope was that my comment would reach the intended recipient, not that others who do not care about the subject matter would rudely reply.

Comment

BWAHAHAHA!!

Welcome to the graduate school club.

If I did not have any empathy, I would not be using my degree dealing with "double D" special needs children. Many of which not only have been molested, but are sexual predators at the age of 12. (The possum don't fall far from the persimmon tree.)

There are ways to contact the OP. This is about your personal pride.

If you want to continue this, send me a private message. Some things should be let be.

CGB, will you lock this thread?

Your call.

Comment

I was addressing my comment to the original poster. If you don't want people posting comments to old threads then perhaps you should close them!
                    Ohhhh... so it is our fault you can't work a calendar?
                    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by GotSmart View Post
                      BWAHAHAHA!!

Welcome to the graduate school club.

If I did not have any empathy, I would not be using my degree dealing with "double D" special needs children. Many of which not only have been molested, but are sexual predators at the age of 12. (The possum don't fall far from the persimmon tree.)

There are ways to contact the OP. This is about your personal pride.

If you want to continue this, send me a private message. Some things should be let be.

CGB, will you lock this thread?

Your call.

Agreed.

You read a couple of stories and case studies and all of a sudden you think that you have more to teach the world than the world has to teach you.
                      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
                        Agreed.

You read a couple of stories and case studies and all of a sudden you think that you have more to teach the world than the world has to teach you.
                        ...and completely discount the actual LEGAL ADVICE that was given from a mother who has experienced this special type of hell first hand.

I understand that, psychologically, a parent should want to talk to their child and make it all better. LEGALLY (and for a criminal prosecution) that is the #1 worst thing a parent can do.

Been there, done that, returned the stinking t-shirt.
                        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                        (unique up on him)
                        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                        (same way)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                        Working...
                        X