child molestation Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child molestation Indiana

I hope someone can help me here. I have a friend who has another friend, we will call Alice. Alice divorced her husband about 5 years ago when her oldest daughter (she was almost 4 at the time) told her that her daddy was touching her. The girls are 6 and 9 now. The judge in the divorce case told Alice that she was coercing her daughter into saying it. Between then and now she has gone to child protective services a couple of times for it and they have never found anything. Just yesterday both of her girls told her that he has been doing it again. Alice took the girls back to CPS and they told her that them saying that he is touching them is not enough evidence because there is not proof that he is getting sexual gratification from it. I don't understand this. There is no reason that he should be touching them down there at all. They are obviously too old to be in diapers or anything like that. Alice is going to go file a police report, but isn't there something that can be done? Isn't CPS there to protect the kids? Both of them told my friend that they are scared to go over there anymore. Please someone give me some advice to give them. These girls have got to be protected.

I don't have much advice on it but I hope that they help those girls. If they talk to the cops and tell them everything, they probably will do something. Sometimes CPS doesn't care or too busy or whatever. The cops might just give all the info to CPS, and like I said, sometimes they don't care. But, I hope they will help those girls.

Comment

Does anyone have any advice for me on this? I really want to keep these girls out of harm. Alice is going today to the juvenile court to try and get a temporary protective order on the girls until there is a court date. But, what is going to happen at court? Will they then do a more detailed investigation?

Comment

Originally posted by swteyez View Post
        Does anyone have any advice for me on this? I really want to keep these girls out of harm. Alice is going today to the juvenile court to try and get a temporary protective order on the girls until there is a court date. But, what is going to happen at court? Will they then do a more detailed investigation?
        The children should have been put into counseling when the mother FIRST found out about this! The counselor would have been able to help figure out what was going on and if the children should be kept from the father...The counselors opinion would have gone a long way w/CPS also...

Get these children into counseling right away!!
        Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

From experience here....

1. The mother should not talk to the children about this AT ALL. (I know it seems to completely contradict the mother's place, but trust me on this one.) If the children bring it up, she should reassure them that she is taking them to a wonderful person who can help and that they can tell this person everything. She should be honest that she is not the best person to help them with this, she KNOWS she isn't, and therefore, is taking them to somebody that can and will.

2. The children need to IMMEDIATELY be evaluated by a trained (preferrably forensic) professional whose emphasis of treatment is child sexual abuse. This will take more than one visit.

3. CPS needs to re-interview the children alone.

4. If the psychologist does find any evidence of sexual abuse, a copy of his findings needs to be presented to CPS (and the mother needs a copy for herself to present in court).

5. BOTH parents need to both submit to forensic psycholgical evaluations to rule out or in, as the case may be, any coersion on either parents' part.

6. She can attempt to get a restraining order, but at this point with CPS not having any findings to support the allegations, it is going to be a long shot. She is better off finding anyone to supervise the visitation. If nothing else, the children need to stay together at all times during visitation. If during visitation, he does anything inappropriate, the 9 year old (and possibly the 6 year old) is old enough to understand how to call 911. If she doesn't know how, she needs to be taught TODAY.

Everybody tells children to tell someone when they are being abused. Nobody tells the adults that the worst thing they can do is talk to the children and get details from them. It's a nasty, vicious cycle. If so many parents didn't make up false accusations (and I am not saying that is what this mother is doing) for their own gain, this problem wouldn't exist.

Oh, one more thing. If the doctors or the case worker asks the mother any questions WITH THE CHILDREN PRESENT, she should absolutely refuse to answer until the children are removed from the room and hearing.
          Last edited by mommyof4; 06-28-2007, 04:51 AM.
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

Thank you

Thank you so much for your replies.

Babystategirl, the oldest child has been in counseling for this since the beginning of it. I don't know if the mother knew she could use anything the counselor finds out or not. She has already made appointments for both of the girls now to get in next week again.

Mommy, thank you so much for your advice. I will make sure I give it all to the mother. I don't know if the children have been told to call 911 if it happens. I do know the oldest one has told the youngest one before not to say anything or else daddy will go to jail. Which makes it extremely hard, but I think the oldest one has now come to the reality that what he is doing is not right.

Again, thank you both. I will keep you updated on anything that happens.

Comment

More than it appears

Be very careful of claiming the sky is falling. When ex spouses and divorce is involved, often times there is more than meets the eye. There are more possible scenario's than most ever consider and too often jump on the hysteria of there being a child abuse epidemic. WWW.pathlights.com/are_experts_reliable.htm
              The above web site can better explain this issue than I can, but I can vouch for its truthfulness. Children do lie and will play one parent against the other. Vindictive X's can be very cruel too. Not to say abuse doesn't happen, but one needs to be very cautious and patient before supporting an allegation without evidence. A father has as much right to touch his child as a mother. There are circumstances when children are of a young age a parents care might be required and has nothing to do with being sexual. Media and know it all teachers often are not qualified to teach children the difference of a good or bad touch.

Comment

Originally posted by saxxyman View Post
                Be very careful of claiming the sky is falling. When ex spouses and divorce is involved, often times there is more than meets the eye. There are more possible scenario's than most ever consider and too often jump on the hysteria of there being a child abuse epidemic. WWW.pathlights.com/are_experts_reliable.htm
                The above web site can better explain this issue than I can, but I can vouch for its truthfulness. Children do lie and will play one parent against the other. Vindictive X's can be very cruel too. Not to say abuse doesn't happen, but one needs to be very cautious and patient before supporting an allegation without evidence. A father has as much right to touch his child as a mother. There are circumstances when children are of a young age a parents care might be required and has nothing to do with being sexual. Media and know it all teachers often are not qualified to teach children the difference of a good or bad touch.
                This thread was dead.

At age 9, there is NO good reason for anyone (other than a doctor during an acceptable physical examination WITH a nurse in the room) should be "touching" a child's genitals. NONE.
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                (unique up on him)
                (same way)

Comment

Was Dead

You said it not me. I decided to reopen it and you read it, so guess it isn't closed is it? Also is that the best response you have? Obviously you didn't check out the web sites, before you responded. Concerning the remainder of your comment, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

First of all your link doesn't even work.

Second if you think its ok for someone to touch a child on their genitals, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

And responding to a dead thread where the OP is not likely to come back and read it was the point of saying it is closed. If you have a legal question start your own thread.

Comment

????

I suppose if your wife did not help or teach good hygiene and the 2 -4 year old children need bathing and were raw because of rash.
                      1 rash from diapers not changed
                      2 raw due to circumcision not enough skin removed
                      3 Dr suggested keeping it clean and applying ointment to keep the skin from sticking.
                      You would just let your children go uncared for? Excuse me, but you are the one sick. This is in no way sexual. You liberal know it all are truly delusional and in complete panic by media induced hysteria! It is no wonder so many are falsely accused and convicted.

Comment

If you have a 9 year old with a diaper rash, there are some pretty big issues going on in that kid's life. Reread the original post. The children were 9 and 6.
                        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                        (unique up on him)
                        (same way)

Comment

Perhaps you should reread

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                          If you have a 9 year old with a diaper rash, there are some pretty big issues going on in that kid's life. Reread the original post. The children were 9 and 6.
                          She states the children are 6 & 9 NOW the original incident was 5 years ago. True enough those kids should be out of diapers, but often times children do not bathe very well and need assistance and training. FOLLOW CLOSELY but no touching in a sexual way. Does that mean you ignore a child's privates if they are not getting the area clean or should they be taught? The comments about the 2-4 year olds were about my own personal experience and false allegations.
                          Perhaps reading up on PAS and SAID syndromes will shed some light on the subject. Authorities (PROFESSIONALS) said she was coaching the children in their findings. True enough no child deserves to be abused, but isn't false accusations abuse also? That is what the professionals were suggesting, but yet the issue is still going on, but no psychical evidence? How gullible has or society become by the mere mention of child abuse? Have we forgotten innocent till proven guilty? Guess not in this specific area of our justice system and society it is guilty as charged. Are we back in Salem hunting for witches?
                          Children of this age are very gullible and impressionable. Easy to coach and brain wash. Read up on the syndromes above. Does this make me right ? Certainly not. Does this make her right? Certainly not. All I am saying is the senieros are endless, but by her own admission, I question its validity. I think she is a sore looser and is shopping for a friendly forum.

Comment

Helpless?

Originally posted by FlyinHawk View Post
                            First of all your link doesn't even work.

Second if you think its ok for someone to touch a child on their genitals, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

And responding to a dead thread where the OP is not likely to come back and read it was the point of saying it is closed. If you have a legal question start your own thread.
                            If the link didn't work, can't you type in the root web site address? It is still working fine. Perhaps you need another computer.

Comment

Yes because I just have soo many other computers lying around for when links don't work on this one.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X