Need Advice Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice Georgia

I threw a toy that hit my son and it left a small bruise underneath his eye. I did not go to hit him. My mom and sister went to DFACS to say that I did it purposely my son ended up having to speak with DFACS and go through a forensics. My son told them that I purposely hit him and then he later confessed and told my aunt and uncle that my mom told him that he had to say that I did it on purpose and that he only said it bc he was upset with me. I was charged with Battery (Domestic Violence) Misdemeanor. My aunt is suppose to be taking him to the DFACS office on tomorrow so that he can tell them the truth. I plan on filing a restraining order against my mom question one is how would I go about doing so? (I gave my aunt and uncle guardianship over my son) Are there charges that can be placed against her for having my son to lie the way that he did? (DFACS did not file anything against me the police dept did bc they said that it was protocol bc there was an incident reported and being that there was a bruise on him.)Is this true protocol in GA? The incident happened on a Sat and was reported on a Monday. I have never had any charges before I have had a clean record up until this point and there has never been anything filed against me in regards to me not being a good parent. My son is 8 years old.

Originally posted by Lbrown View Post
    I threw a toy that hit my son and it left a small bruise underneath his eye. I did not go to hit him. My mom and sister went to DFACS to say that I did it purposely my son ended up having to speak with DFACS and go through a forensics. My son told them that I purposely hit him and then he later confessed and told my aunt and uncle that my mom told him that he had to say that I did it on purpose and that he only said it bc he was upset with me. I was charged with Battery (Domestic Violence) Misdemeanor. My aunt is suppose to be taking him to the DFACS office on tomorrow so that he can tell them the truth. I plan on filing a restraining order against my mom question one is how would I go about doing so? (I gave my aunt and uncle guardianship over my son) Are there charges that can be placed against her for having my son to lie the way that he did? (DFACS did not file anything against me the police dept did bc they said that it was protocol bc there was an incident reported and being that there was a bruise on him.)Is this true protocol in GA? The incident happened on a Sat and was reported on a Monday. I have never had any charges before I have had a clean record up until this point and there has never been anything filed against me in regards to me not being a good parent. My son is 8 years old.
    What were the circumstances surrounding the throwing of the toy?
    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

i was cleaning up and just throwing the items off the sofa, I had my back turned to him he was down on the floor and he said ow when i threw the toy that hit him and i turned around automaticly he started crying and i said whats wrong he said you hit me in my eye and i told him to come here and i looked t it and i said its ok stop crying and just go ahead and get your things up.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X