Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Urgent Help New Jersey

Hi,

I am a husband of a wife who reported domestic violence against me sometimes back. We had some argument. Argument was over a thing where I did not pick some one up whom she wanted too from her family(I did not pick up because it was four hours drive and there was that persons spouse already picking up & and I was on work schedule which was very tight too). She had been behaving very badly for the previous two days of that fight. She was not speaking well too. Behavioral abuse we can say.

She reported, I was taken in and now I have to appear in court. Now I have appearance Monday.

Thing is, as always, we compromised the next day of fight. Then went for a good vacation to dream land and have been OK so far. NO issues later on. BTW, Have a kid also.

Question is, can I get justice without hurting her legally? I am going to plead non guilty. May be I will hire a lawyer also. Thing is I don't want to divorce her. I know arguments are there in life. And more over, kid may get affected. I just want to tell my side of story!

Can some one advise what to do?

Thanks a lot,
    DJ2007

Originally posted by DJ2007 View Post
    Hi,

I am a husband of a wife who reported domestic violence against me sometimes back. We had some argument. Argument was over a thing where I did not pick some one up whom she wanted too from her family(I did not pick up because it was four hours drive and there was that persons spouse already picking up & and I was on work schedule which was very tight too). She had been behaving very badly for the previous two days of that fight. She was not speaking well too. Behavioral abuse we can say.

She reported, I was taken in and now I have to appear in court. Now I have appearance Monday.

Thing is, as always, we compromised the next day of fight. Then went for a good vacation to dream land and have been OK so far. NO issues later on. BTW, Have a kid also.

Question is, can I get justice without hurting her legally? I am going to plead non guilty. May be I will hire a lawyer also. Thing is I don't want to divorce her. I know arguments are there in life. And more over, kid may get affected. I just want to tell my side of story!

Can some one advise what to do?

Thanks a lot,
    DJ2007
    Is English you second language?
    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Baystategirl View Post
      Is English you second language?
      Yes, It is. Why. Did I make any mistake? Sorry it was written in hurry.

DJ2007

Comment

Yes, It is. Why. Did I make any mistake? Sorry it was written in hurry.

DJ2007
        Not really...it's okay...Actually you write better than most Americans that come on here...lol!!

Did you hit or shove your wife during this fight?? What did she tell the officer when he came to your house?
        Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Bay

Comment

She reported I did hurt her. There was some redness on her face police noted. And then filed simple assault. Thing is My kid felt down and kid was crying. I was trying to calm her down and she came and told me "give me my child".. I tried to push her away since I was trying calm my kid first.. my kid gets happy when she sees bath room fishes, so I was in bathroom and did not know if something really hurt my wife after that... she has pimples too.. may me that got hurt. although no major signs.. It took second officer to look so closely to notice it even.. First officer denied seeing anything.

Comment

She reported I did hurt her. There was some redness on her face police noted. And then filed simple assault. Thing is My kid felt down and kid was crying. I was trying to calm her down and she came and told me "give me my child".. I tried to push her away since I was trying calm my kid first.. my kid gets happy when she sees bath room fishes, so I was in bathroom and did not know if something really hurt my wife after that... she has pimples too.. may me that got hurt. although no major signs.. It took second officer to look so closely to notice it even.. First officer denied seeing anything.

Did you wife get a restraining order?

Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Baystategirl View Post
              Did you wife get a restraining order?

no. she did not

Comment

How long ago did this argument happen?
                Are you and wife still living together?

Comment

Originally posted by xena View Post
                  How long ago did this argument happen?
                  Are you and wife still living together?

for about two days this argument happened. we have been living together since then. actually I also wanted solution to the issues, so started counseling also.

Comment

for about two days this argument happened. we have been living together since then. actually I also wanted solution to the issues, so started counseling also.
                    The argument happened 2 days ago- on March 14?

Beginning counseling is going to work heavily in your favor. Is your wife also attending counseling?

It is possible that when a Judge hears that you've begun counseling, that wife did NOT try to get a restraining order, and that your wife is still living with you (therefore not that afraid of you) you might get some form of probabtion at the most. Hopefully, a Judge will also order counseling for your wife if she isn't getting some now.

Comment

Originally posted by xena View Post
                      The argument happened 2 days ago- on March 14?

Beginning counseling is going to work heavily in your favor. Is your wife also attending counseling?

It is possible that when a Judge hears that you've begun counseling, that wife did NOT try to get a restraining order, and that your wife is still living with you (therefore not that afraid of you) you might get some form of probabtion at the most. Hopefully, a Judge will also order counseling for your wife if she isn't getting some now.
                      Actually my wife is also coming with me for the counseling.

Comment

Actually my wife is also coming with me for the counseling.
                        Argument happened a month before. Then we enjoyed babies first birth day party with a lot of friends. Then went to Florida Disney world for a week and then have been living happily.

Do I need a lawyer or I should be able to convince the judge?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                        Working...
                        X