I need to know Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to know Massachusetts

I really need to know all the possibilities of dealing w/ physical abuse. I have been dealing w/ this for the past 7 yrs. and i really want it to stop but i dont know how to make it. Any tips would be helpful.
    Last edited by vanbuzz; 02-24-2007, 08:58 PM.

Depends

If you are a minor, call child protective services in your county.
    if you are adult call the police.
    What is veiwed is not always what is seen and
    what is heard is not always what is spoken!
    ~M. Noitall~

Comment

i dont really think that would work. is there any way i can just move out. im 15 by the way.

Comment

nope

If your parents don't want you to move out you cannot legally move out, AND anyone who gives you a place to stay could go to jail, minimum for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, maximum for kidnapping.

If you are not being abused then you are required to stay untill you are imancipated which occurs when you either get married (with parental permision) or you reach the age of majority, which is different in each state, but is generally 18, some are 17 others 21.

For EARLY imancipation depends again on state, but minimum, you must already have a job, your own place (w/parent perm), paying for food, utilities, water phone, and transportation.
        What is veiwed is not always what is seen and
        what is heard is not always what is spoken!
        ~M. Noitall~

Comment

so my only real choises are cps or staying w/ my stepdad? well that sucks.

Comment

what would happen if i did go to cps?

Comment

Depending on what you tell them, CPS will investigate any allegations of abuse. If it is determined that you must be removed from the home, you will go into foster care. However, it is entirely possible that a parenting plan will be put in place, your parents would be required to attend parenting classes, would be subject to supervision and drop in visits, etc.

Nobody can tell you definitively what would happen as our crystal balls are all out for repairs. (it was a system wide virus....CURSES!!!)
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
              (unique up on him)
              How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
              (same way)

Comment

so most likely i would stay w/ my stepdad?

Comment

Originally posted by vanbuzz View Post
                  so most likely i would stay w/ my stepdad?
                  There are so many different things that could happen. Is the stepdad the one that is physically hurting you? If so, there's a possibility that he would be asked to leave the home (more so than a biological father) because he is not your legal parent. Or if he could not leave the home, they may assign you to a foster family or other relatives. Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, different states have different programs. It depends upon their investigation, if you are truly in danger, you need to call them.

Comment

given what has happened in the past i dont know if they would belive me or not.

Comment

Okay, here it is. If you are being abused, contact CPS and be honest and forthcoming about what is going on. If you do not contact CPS, nobody can help you and you will stay in this situation with the abuser until you are 18 and legally able to leave the home.

If you are in immediate danger before an investigation is started, contact 911 for emergency help.

If you are NOT being abused, do NOT waste CPS's time and resources by filing a false accusation.

If nothing else, go to this website to at least get some idea of what abuse truly is (if you are just not sure if it is abuse or not). You can also talk to someone (annonymously, if you wish) to figure out a game plan and what route is the best to take.

www.childhelpusa.com
                      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                      (unique up on him)
                      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                      (same way)

Comment

what is the exact deffinition of physical abuse?
                        Last edited by vanbuzz; 03-03-2007, 06:13 PM.

Comment

so there is no way at all i can just like move in w/ a friend or something? i mean without contacting CPS. even w/ all of what has happened i still care about my mom and i know it would crush her if anything happened to my stepdad, and i dont want her to have to go through what she went through when my dad died.
                          Last edited by vanbuzz; 03-05-2007, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I'm so done w/ all of this. I think I'm just gonna leave cuz honestly I can take it anymore. I'm writing this from my friends laptop cuz I'm in the hospital w/ 3 broken rib and a broken wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by vanbuzz View Post
                              I'm so done w/ all of this. I think I'm just gonna leave cuz honestly I can take it anymore. I'm writing this from my friends laptop cuz I'm in the hospital w/ 3 broken rib and a broken wrist.
                              You are in the hospital now? You are in the perfect place to get help, talk to the Dr, a nurse, ask to speak to the hospital's chaplian- ANYBODY.
                              Last edited by xena; 03-11-2007, 07:29 PM.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X