Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A false temporary order of protection was put on me by my soon to be ex Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A false temporary order of protection was put on me by my soon to be ex Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland

    I need some advice. Is there anyway I can get a temporary order of protection expunged from my record? This is effecting my ability to get employment. I recently have been applying at police departments for employment. I went to a shooting range with a friend who is a current police officer. I applied at the same police department that My friend works at, he was very excited and took me to the shooting range to get prepared for the academy. I made the huge mistake of saving one of the paper targets and giving it to my daughter, who took it home and showed it to my soon to be ex. She interpreted it as a threat. She had a temporary order of protection put on me. A month later we had a hearing where I had my witnesses and the judge had it dismissed, but it will always be on my record.

    Is there anyway I can get this completely expunged from my record? My attorney acts clueless about the matter.

    It just amazes me how my soon to be ex has gotten away with making all sorts of false accusations on the order of protection about my character and can get away with it.

  • #2
    No.

    Your ex will use that in family court against you too. She will always be able to use that against you. She could beat the crap out of your daughter and she will still retain custody because she had the temporary restraining order against you in the past.

    One question, is she on welfare because they are the ones that get away with everything with no reprocusions.

    Comment


    • #3
      Lewifenj, that's a very discriminatory and nasty thing to say. Just because someone may need financial assistance, that does NOT mean that that person is a low life. Contrary to your statement, the jails are filled with people that are financially and educationally challenged. After all, if a person doesn't have access to financial resources, how will they pay for their defense?

      In the future, please be more cognizant of what you are saying.
      Last edited by mommyof4; 11-17-2006, 05:11 AM.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
        Lewifenj, that's a very discriminatory and nasty thing to say. Just because someone may need financial assistance, that does NOT mean that that person is a low life. Contrary to your statement, the jails are filled with people that are financially and educationally challenged. After all, if a person doesn't have access to financial resources, how will they pay for their defense?

        In the future, please be more cognizant of what you are saying.
        It makes me mad when females falsely accuse males of domestic violence and vice versa. Most of the cases where I live, the female is on welfare. I was told by more than one recipient that they were encouraged by a case worker(who has since been fired) that the women should file for a restraining order so they can keep thier benefits and not fear losing custody of their children. In Social Services and Child Services eyes, a restraining order makes you a bad parent even if you never did a thing to the other party for the rest of your life. They are too easily obtainable and if you are on the receiving end of one, a vindictive person can destroy you for no reason(ie. not getting their way). It is a power trip for some women.

        Yes, there are women and men who need them for protection, I am talking about the ones who use them selfishly for their own benefit.

        Comment


        • #5
          But being a selfish, scheming, lying, vindictive person has nothing to do with finances.
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

          Comment


          • #6
            The case worker encouraged these women to get restraining orders for no reason so they would retain custody of the kids.

            Money has nothing to do with it.

            I was pointing out the fact that a case worker encouraged women to get restraining orders.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lewifenj View Post
              No.

              Your ex will use that in family court against you too. She will always be able to use that against you. She could beat the crap out of your daughter and she will still retain custody because she had the temporary restraining order against you in the past.

              One question, is she on welfare because they are the ones that get away with everything with no reprocusions.
              Nope, that's what you said.
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
              (unique up on him)
              How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
              (same way)

              Comment


              • #8
                So, the instances that I was refering to involved welfare recipients who were encouraged to LIE in order to obtain them and once the case worker was fired, nothing criminally happened to the plaintiff's(which all happened to be female) who LIED. If it were a man, he would have been in jail for perjury.

                Comment


                • #9
                  If you are going to continue with this argument, you need to post cases (more than one, btw) that backs up your claims. And the cases need to be the same EXCEPT for the gender of the complaintant. AND you need to show that all restraining orders issued are issued to those recieving state assistance.

                  I am not saying that some do not abuse the system and manipulate the laws to screw others over. I am saying that it is unfair and wrong to categorically state that those (most notably women) on welfare are the ones that do this and get away with it.
                  Last edited by mommyof4; 11-17-2006, 06:36 AM.
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                  (unique up on him)
                  How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                  (same way)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If Domestic Violence Documents were public record, I would post.

                    I know several of the women who were encouraged to file but did not because they were afraid of the reprocussions(perjury).

                    The people who did file for the restraining orders and got them.

                    After a while there was an investigation as to why there were so many restraining orders being requested by the case workers clients.

                    Most of the restraing orders were dismissed, for those who did not violate the orders, but they state that another order of protection can be issued in the case in the future if need be.

                    I was told by one of the men that this is still on his record. He was one of the ones who did not violate. He was applying for a law enforcement position, he would not carry a gun for the position, and was denied because of the dismissed restraining order in his background. The application did not ask if you had ever had a restraining order. It asked if you had been convicted of a crime. An order of protection/restraining order is only a crime if you violate.

                    He passed all of the tests, psychological, physical, written, and was denied because of false accusations.

                    There are non-custodial parents who never see their children because of false accusations. Male and female.

                    I think that the laws should be stronger for those who falsely apply for a restraining order. This slap on the wrist,if they even get that, is unfair.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ooohh Hell No, No He Did Not!!!!

                      Lew, you sound like a man who got seriously burnt. You are entitled to your opinions but please, for the sake of fairness, refrain from the all or nothing statements about welfare mothers.

                      Just to illustrate my point, all men with your temperament have a very small "member" and typically are abusers. This probably did not sit well with you I am sure. Just as your comments (which seem to be based on personal experience as you "seem" to know just a bit too much) are unfair to the majority of persons receiving welfare.

                      I have been on welfare mother as a single mother. Tough, humiliating, and something I would never wish on anyone. But it is there to try to ensure that when a man (or woman in some cases) does not do his duty, children do not suffer.

                      I am now a college educated (which I paid for while working full time while going to school full time, and raised three children WITHOUT CHILD SUPPORT because their father was too sorry to work on a regular basis and would quit when the CS agency would get a withholding order in place) professional with an excellent perspective on what it feels like to depend on the government to help you provide for your children.

                      You sir, are pathetic.
                      Last edited by Ohio "Step" Mom; 11-17-2006, 06:48 AM.
                      Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by lewifenj View Post
                        If Domestic Violence Documents were public record, I would post.

                        I know several of the women who were encouraged to file but did not because they were afraid of the reprocussions(perjury).

                        The people who did file for the restraining orders and got them.

                        After a while there was an investigation as to why there were so many restraining orders being requested by the case workers clients.

                        Most of the restraing orders were dismissed, for those who did not violate the orders, but they state that another order of protection can be issued in the case in the future if need be.

                        I was told by one of the men that this is still on his record. He was one of the ones who did not violate. He was applying for a law enforcement position, he would not carry a gun for the position, and was denied because of the dismissed restraining order in his background. The application did not ask if you had ever had a restraining order. It asked if you had been convicted of a crime. An order of protection/restraining order is only a crime if you violate.

                        He passed all of the tests, psychological, physical, written, and was denied because of false accusations.

                        There are non-custodial parents who never see their children because of false accusations. Male and female.

                        I think that the laws should be stronger for those who falsely apply for a restraining order. This slap on the wrist,if they even get that, is unfair.
                        Okay, now I have to ask. If the women on welfare can get a restraining order on false allegations and are, in fact, encouraged to do so by their caseworker and face no reprecussions...why did several women, as you state, refrain from filing for fear of reprecussions?

                        The fact remains that women on welfare are no worse than any other segment of the population. You have losers in every walk of life.


                        Ohio, if I remember correctly, Lewife is a single mother whose ex and his mother were drug abusers. The ex's mother has been causing problems. (which makes your example of a gereralization hillarious and more to the point).

                        Lewife, how is everything with your situation going?
                        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                        (unique up on him)
                        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                        (same way)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          On the flip-side

                          I volunteer to help women of abuse and have sat in many a court room where they were unable to get the proper protection because the court has seen too many false acusations. When people are in the middle of custody/divorce proceedings, a lot of the abuse goes ignored by the courts because it is seen as a vendictive thing by the one acusing the other of abuse.

                          So, your issues hurt everyone on both sides and NOT everyone gets away with it and NOT everyone is protected because of it either.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lewifenj View Post
                            If Domestic Violence Documents were public record, I would post.
                            Actually, they are public record.

                            Originally posted by lewifenj View Post
                            I was told by one of the men that this is still on his record. He was one of the ones who did not violate. He was applying for a law enforcement position, he would not carry a gun for the position, and was denied because of the dismissed restraining order in his background. The application did not ask if you had ever had a restraining order. It asked if you had been convicted of a crime. An order of protection/restraining order is only a crime if you violate.
                            Were you actually "told" this or did you read this in the other forum. (You know where the EXACT senario was presented.)


                            Originally posted by lewifenj View Post
                            I think that the laws should be stronger for those who falsely apply for a restraining order. This slap on the wrist,if they even get that, is unfair.
                            This is the ONLY thing that you have posted that I can agree with.
                            Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                              Ohio, if I remember correctly, Lewife is a single mother whose ex and his mother were drug abusers. The ex's mother has been causing problems. (which makes your example of a gereralization hillarious and more to the point).
                              LOL LOL LOL

                              So should I change it to all brunettes or women with small boobies are always frustrated because they never get any "attention" from men? (I am naturally a brunette but I highlight my hair to give men a false sense of intellectual superiority.)
                              Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

                              Comment

                              The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X