Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anna

Originally posted by anna101 View Post
    I am 13 years old, my parents were divorced when I was 9 and ever since my mom married again she has been emotionally abusing me. She gets mad at me for little reasons, she has no patience and to her everything I do is wrong... Please help me!!! -Anna
    It isn't your fault you have a parent who is emotionally abusive. Nothing I can say, or anyone else here in this forum, can actually help you out of your circumstances.

However, there is hope! You will find it in educating yourself on how to help your mom be a better parent. I know that sounds crazy, but you have to believe me, some kids love their moms and dads (who are abusive) so much that they pitty them. They look at them as products of abuse, themselves, and take compassion on them. They pray for them. They seek out help from pastors, teachers, and other respectable members of their family, and teach temselves how to overcome. They take a vow that they will never be that way to their kids and they devote themselves to helping, instead of being a part of the problem.

My suggestion is, curl up with a New King James Bible, go to this webpage a lot: http://www.family.org/lifestages/teens/ and ask God to help you.

You may be surprised that there is more hope out there than you imagine.

I have four daughters who have benefited from their father seeing these resources as a solution. So I can tell you they are effective tools and will help you.
    USGrant7 (aka David)
    Monroe County
    New York State
    7th New York

Comment

Baystate...I totally agree with you. I couldn't even read that, it was driving me nuts. Why can't people use proper grammar in this country? It's not that difficult!

Comment

Kind of like why can't people stop posting to old threads.

Comment

Duh

Originally posted by FlyinHawk View Post
          Kind of like why can't people stop posting to old threads.
          Kind of like not posting to answer the OP, instead just turn this into a English course. She needs a strong parent that is steadfast in their resolve to teach the child. I am sorry OP. You are just going through a part of growing up.
          As my parents always told me until you are grown you follow the rules of the house. When you get your own house, then you can make the rules. You will find it will be very similar to the same rules your parents give you. Everything does not revolve around you.

Comment

There is no sense in posting a response to the OP for a thread that is this old.

Comment

Hawk is correct. There is no point in posting to a thread when first, the issue is likely already resolved and second, the poster is unlikely to be coming back looking for additional responses.

And don't give me the line about how other posters can still learn from it blah blah blah. I've already heard it and I'm not going to be any more impressed with that argument now than I have been the other three dozen times it's been tried.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thank you for your posts.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
                (1Co 13:1-13)
                USGrant7 (aka David)
                Monroe County
                New York State
                7th New York

Comment

Um...

"I am the walrus, coo coo cachoo."

Paul McCartney
                  Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Walrus

Meh...
                    USGrant7 (aka David)
                    Monroe County
                    New York State
                    7th New York

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
                      Um...

"I am the walrus, coo coo cachoo."

Paul McCartney
                      Did you read the comics section today? This was actually the subject of one of the strips. Thanx...now it's stuck in my head AGAIN!
                      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                      (unique up on him)
                      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                      (same way)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X