how long to wait for support in pa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long to wait for support in pa

I was just curious if anyone knows how long someone can not pay support before DRS can file contempt charges. It has been awhile since I got any support from my ex.
    Just curious is all. I won't initiate the contempt unless DRS doesn't.
    This is my personal opinion.

You might have to go down to your support office and file an order for child support enforcement. I know here in michigan it is a fee of $60.00

Comment

Originally posted by madmom
      I was just curious if anyone knows how long someone can not pay support before DRS can file contempt charges. It has been awhile since I got any support from my ex.
      Just curious is all. I won't initiate the contempt unless DRS doesn't.
      Call DRS and ask. If they are anything like other state agencies, they won't do anything at all until someone else points out the problem.

Comment

thanks

I called them yesterday, and your right, I had to point out the problem. I left a message for my enforcement officer.

Comment

I called them yesterday, and your right, I had to point out the problem. I left a message for my enforcement officer.
          If you have any problems with them when they call back, send me a PM and I'll give you a few tips on how to get them "motivated" to do their job.

Comment

Okay thanks so much, I'll let you know.

Comment

contempt date set

Ceara,

well my enforcement officer called me back today, and they have scheduled the contempt hearing for june 8th, she is such a nice woman, and from her perspective, she has no room for excuses from him.

Comment

Ceara,

well my enforcement officer called me back today, and they have scheduled the contempt hearing for june 8th, she is such a nice woman, and from her perspective, she has no room for excuses from him.
                WOW! That was fast. Make sure you talk to her a day or 2 before the hearing so you can just go over everything you need to do or bring on 6/8.

Comment

I talked to her a good bit about that today on the phone, they aren't even requesting my presence at the hearing. Its the court of common pleas of westmoreland county that is holding him in contempt for non compliance of the court order. She said that if he shows up with 2000 in cash they will dismiss the contempt, anything less she'll put him in jail on the spot. She is on a first name basis with him because of another case he has...which he's being held in contempt on that case too.

Comment

I talked to her a good bit about that today on the phone, they aren't even requesting my presence at the hearing. Its the court of common pleas of westmoreland county that is holding him in contempt for non compliance of the court order. She said that if he shows up with 2000 in cash they will dismiss the contempt, anything less she'll put him in jail on the spot. She is on a first name basis with him because of another case he has...which he's being held in contempt on that case too.
                    They probably won't actually need you for anything, but always go to any court proceedings that involve your case. Otherwise, no matter how small, there is a chance you could get royally srcewed if your not there.

Comment

He didn't show

Well my ex didn't show up for the hearing today, so they found him in contempt and ordered him to pay an extra 165.00/month for 6 months due by the 8th of every month until arrears are caught up. If he fails to make even 1 payment he goes before the judge for noncompliance hearing.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X