I need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice

I'm 20 years old and had a son with a 17 year old girl that i really loved. We were together for almost two years. My son is almost 2 months old. She has constantly been telling me that I'm never gonna be able to see my kid if I keep starting problems with her but I have stopped and she has currently been starting problems with me. She doesn't have a job or place of her own,she lives with her mom and she doesn't have a car, and she still goes to school, she's currently in 10th grade.She had a job when she was 16 for 4 days in a fast food resteraunt and lost it due to being irrisponsible. She currently has a 15 year old boyfriend. I'm gettin a car in less than a week and a job in less than a week, and planning on having my own place in the next month. I've had a past history of anger due to child trauma, I'm diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and minor schizophrenia. I'm planning on getting treatment for my anger and taking parenting classes. She's very irrisponsible and has sex with her 15 year old boyfriend among with other men in front of my child. I want to attempt full custody but I do not know all the requirements, please give me advice on wat to do in order to this.

Originally posted by Bob_6585
    I'm 20 years old and had a son with a 17 year old girl that i really loved. We were together for almost two years. My son is almost 2 months old. She has constantly been telling me that I'm never gonna be able to see my kid if I keep starting problems with her but I have stopped and she has currently been starting problems with me. She doesn't have a job or place of her own,she lives with her mom and she doesn't have a car, and she still goes to school, she's currently in 10th grade.She had a job when she was 16 for 4 days in a fast food resteraunt and lost it due to being irrisponsible. She currently has a 15 year old boyfriend. I'm gettin a car in less than a week and a job in less than a week, and planning on having my own place in the next month. I've had a past history of anger due to child trauma, I'm diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and minor schizophrenia. I'm planning on getting treatment for my anger and taking parenting classes. She's very irrisponsible and has sex with her 15 year old boyfriend among with other men in front of my child. I want to attempt full custody but I do not know all the requirements, please give me advice on wat to do in order to this.
    I doubt very seriously that you will be awarded custody. You could, on the other hand face criminal charges for having sex and concieving a child with a minor.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

All Too Soon

Wait until she turns 18, you just started a job and plan to move. The court will not see this as stability. Keep up with what you are doing and establish more credibility. Then file for motion probably in one year. Try to keep things cool between you and her. Take the child if she is going on a date.

Comment

Be careful

Don't gat crazy or the state will take the child away from the both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by cpang
          Wait until she turns 18, you just started a job and plan to move. The court will not see this as stability. Keep up with what you are doing and establish more credibility. Then file for motion probably in one year. Try to keep things cool between you and her. Take the child if she is going on a date.
          If there is no custody/visitation order, then she does not have to let him see the child at all. Even if he waits until she is 18, it is not hard to do the math and figure out how old each person was when the child was concieved. I know that it seems unfair, but you don't get to go to court and ask for any type of legal relief when the relief you are seeking is a direct result of a criminal act. It's called going into court with unclean hands. The best the op can hope for at this point is to straighten out his life and hopefully be able to cultivate and amicable relationship with the mother in the future.
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X