Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• browns_fan27
    replied
    Another question... I just found out a few minutes ago that his work situation has changed. He now will work 2 or three days a week, 12 hr. shifts. Would the judge allow him to keep my son on the days he's off work? My son is the type that like routine & don't do very well when that is changed. Would the court take that into consideration or just allow him to watch him to have the extra time with him? All it would boil down to is to make it cheaper for child support.

Leave a comment:

• mommyof4
    replied
    eh, as aggravating as it is to deal with this situation and all it entails, let him try. It's very rare that a court/judge would uproot a child just because the other parent decides (for whatever reason) they don't like the situation. That's not good for the child. Keep your chin up.

As far as him making more money, so what? If he is able to help support the kids, then he can afford child support. He doensn't have to change custody to support them.

To any who might be reading this and get offended: the kids are in a stable, familiar environment. There is no reason (judging from this poster) to disrupt their stability and Dad should want to keep the kids stable. Don't mean to sound harsh, just the way it is.

Leave a comment:

• browns_fan27
    replied
    Most definately not. My daughter feels like he could care less about her & I'm constantly telling her that her Daddy loves her even though I know he could care less about eother one of them. But he knows that losing my babies in any fashion is my biggest fear. And even though he could care less about them, if he could hurt me or get at me by using them, he would.

Leave a comment:

• mommyof4
    replied
    He would have to have a very compelling reason to change custody. Courts do not like to uproot children from a stable environment on a whim or because one parent doesn't want to pay child support anymore. Are you abusive, neglectful, alienating kids from Dad? You probably don't have much to worry about on that front.

Leave a comment:

• browns_fan27
    started a topic Custody in KY

Custody in KY

My ex is a peice of work. Sent him a letter asking him to get dental insurance or pay half for our daughter's braces since our divorce decree says that we are both entitled to pay half. Was trying to work with him & trying to be nice since I've been asking about this same subjuect for almost a year. He had an attorney send me a ltter saying he wanted an orthodontic consultation & that he wouldn't pay for them unless he was court ordered.(I thought a divorce decree sign by me, him, 2 notaries & a judge was a court order... ) So I sent him the copy of the ortho consult & we also go to court on Thursday to have the child supprt reevaluated & make everything according to the state guidelines since I didn't do that in the beginning. I lowered his support $150 & agreed to pay all dr. & prescription copays & half of all dental, vision, ect...
    Yesterday I get a call from my son's daycare letting me know that ex had caled asking questions about how much they would charge for 3 days one week & two the next. Tried to make it anonymous until forced to give son's name. Called attorney & we all agreed that it sounded like he was going to try & get custody. Can he do that? What would determine that? Does the fact that he makes more money than I count against me? He's never been there for our children, didn't even show up at either one of my daughter's surgeries last year. Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X