dont know what to do next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont know what to do next

I live in ca the father lives in fl. have not received any child support from him. i have started a order with the dept of css but because he receives federal disability it can't be garnished. this man is remarried and has a new house, cars and is installing a new patio with hot tub. he definitely could pay his child support but he refuses. whats my next step? any ideas? he is in arrears 10,000. already.

Originally posted by kiamommy
    I live in ca the father lives in fl. have not received any child support from him. i have started a order with the dept of css but because he receives federal disability it can't be garnished. this man is remarried and has a new house, cars and is installing a new patio with hot tub. he definitely could pay his child support but he refuses. whats my next step? any ideas? he is in arrears 10,000. already.
    Is there an actual court order, signed by a Judge, for him to pay CS?

If there is you can ask css to file a contempt motion, in some states it's called a show cause motion. They can also suspend his DL for non payment. Talk to the caseworker about enforcement.

Comment

thanks for the info. there is an actual court order. he doesn't drive much so suspending his license would not matter to him. can css file the contempt in CA and have it served in FL.? its really hard to talk to the caseworker, you can only leave msgs on her voicemail. thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by kiamommy
        thanks for the info. there is an actual court order. he doesn't drive much so suspending his license would not matter to him. can css file the contempt in CA and have it served in FL.? its really hard to talk to the caseworker, you can only leave msgs on her voicemail. thanks again
        Yes, CSS in Ca. can file for contempt and have it served in Fl. They will be able to contact Fl CSE and have everything done through them. Keep leaving voicemails for your caseworker about getting enforcement started.

Comment

xena, can cs enforcement garnish disabilty checks?

Comment

Originally posted by chris1228
            xena, can cs enforcement garnish disabilty checks?
            Some kinds yes. They can legally garnish SSDI, private disabilty insurance, and worker's comp. However, they cannot garnish SSI.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X