Birthday Visitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Visitation

I am the father of two children in Texas. My son has a birthday tomorrow and I want to take him out for dinner. His mother has told me that they already have plans and I can have him after their plans are finished. According to the divorce decree I have them on their Birthday from 6pm to 8pm. I informed her of this as well and told her that I would be there to pick my son up at 6. Her reply was, "you can come but no one will be there".

What recourse do I have in this situation?

Can someone Help?

thanks,

Craig

Originally posted by Want2Cmykids
    I am the father of two children in Texas. My son has a birthday tomorrow and I want to take him out for dinner. His mother has told me that they already have plans and I can have him after their plans are finished. According to the divorce decree I have them on their Birthday from 6pm to 8pm. I informed her of this as well and told her that I would be there to pick my son up at 6. Her reply was, "you can come but no one will be there".

What recourse do I have in this situation?

Can someone Help?

thanks,

Craig
    Take a copy of the court order, show up at 5:30, if no one is there, wait until 6:00, then call the police so that it will be documented that you attempted a scheduled visit. It would be a waste of time to file contempt over one incident, but if it is part of an on going problem, you may want to file for contempt.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X