18th birthday before high school graduation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18th birthday before high school graduation

My daughter will be eighteen almost a year before high school graduation. How hard is it to take my x back to court to pay child support for the rest of her high school, and possibly college?

Originally posted by luisabyu
    My daughter will be eighteen almost a year before high school graduation. How hard is it to take my x back to court to pay child support for the rest of her high school, and possibly college?

depends on what state you are in, state laws differ

Comment

Originally posted by luisabyu
      From your other posts, I believe you are in Ga.

Ga. allows for CS to end at age 18, or HS graduation, whichever is later. Usually CS doesn't go past age 19 to HS graduation, unless the child has a documented learning disability. If CSE is involved in your case, they can tell you exactly what you can do in your specific circumstances.

Ga. does not have CS orders for college, so that's not an option for you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X