EX GF wants court to order new spouse's bank records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX GF wants court to order new spouse's bank records

I am in New Hampshire. My husband's ex girlfriend has had her support increased by 200% and after a year in court, still wants more. She has plenty of money to keep up this fight. Her family inherited millions from her late grandmother. She has succeeded on denying my husband visitation with his son and has so far gotten away with it by saying the child doesn't want to see his Dad. (He's 13 now but 11 when this began with the visitation thing.)

She is hiding the money she's received along with a new home and vehicle. She's refusing to disclose the details of the inheritance. The court finally ordered her to provide a release of her bank accounts. Now she wants my bank account information that goes back prior to my marriage to my husband. My husband was stone broke when we married having nothing but the clothes on his back. I had my little home where he moved when we married. I never added his name to any of my assets or accounts knowing the ex was nasty and not to be trusted. I wanted to keep my assets separate.

Now they are threatening after receiving all financial information, his income (and mine!!!) that they feel because I am married to him that my individual account is relevant. I don't think so. They are doing this because they don't want the court to consider when giving her in "increase" that we have a family and a child of our own. To top this all off, his child has been completely bought and paid for with expensive gifts and totally alienated from my husband. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by TwixedinNH
    I am in New Hampshire. My husband's ex girlfriend has had her support increased by 200% and after a year in court, still wants more. She has plenty of money to keep up this fight. Her family inherited millions from her late grandmother. She has succeeded on denying my husband visitation with his son and has so far gotten away with it by saying the child doesn't want to see his Dad. (He's 13 now but 11 when this began with the visitation thing.)

She is hiding the money she's received along with a new home and vehicle. She's refusing to disclose the details of the inheritance. The court finally ordered her to provide a release of her bank accounts. Now she wants my bank account information that goes back prior to my marriage to my husband. My husband was stone broke when we married having nothing but the clothes on his back. I had my little home where he moved when we married. I never added his name to any of my assets or accounts knowing the ex was nasty and not to be trusted. I wanted to keep my assets separate.

Now they are threatening after receiving all financial information, his income (and mine!!!) that they feel because I am married to him that my individual account is relevant. I don't think so. They are doing this because they don't want the court to consider when giving her in "increase" that we have a family and a child of our own. To top this all off, his child has been completely bought and paid for with expensive gifts and totally alienated from my husband. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.
    Your income and assets are legally irrelavant to CS, so you don't legally have to provide any info. Let the ex subpoena the records, and then file a simple refusal based on the legal ground of not being relevant.

She cannot get an increase based on your income, only your husband's income.

Does you husband have a court order for visitation? If so, and the ex is not letting him visit, he should file a contempt motion. If there's no visitation order, your husband needs to file to get one.
    Xena

Comment

My Husband has had a visitation order for 9 years

When her money rolled in the son stopped coming for visits. A mutual friend told my husband she was at his house bragging "now she was financially secure she was going to see to it my husband never saw his son again". She has succeeded. My husband filed for contempt of visitation and the court said they "did not find enough evidence to find her guilty".

On the child support, they already petitioned the court for my personal financial information. They actually demanded it in discovery from my husband who is NOT an owner or signatory of my account. We are waiting for the court's reply. Not only that, they are demanding their legal fees for filing a Motion to Compel my husband to provide MY information. She has a *B* for an attorney.

They are claiming "how the wife spends her money" relevant since we asked the court to consider we have a little girl when they consider her child support increase request.

We have provided detailed debt information with receipts, invoices and statements and provided receipts for car repairs, utilities, mortgage,car payment etc. in a detailed spreadsheet documenting everything right down to toothpaste! I don't understand this whole deal. We are 12 months into court hearings and motion after motion. They are trying to break us financially.

I read about the guy who fled the country and with all this crap going on can understand how a guy would throw his hands up and disappear. My husband has been paying all along and is being denied the basic of rights with his child and we are being mopped all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by TwixedinNH
        When her money rolled in the son stopped coming for visits. A mutual friend told my husband she was at his house bragging "now she was financially secure she was going to see to it my husband never saw his son again". She has succeeded. My husband filed for contempt of visitation and the court said they "did not find enough evidence to find her guilty".

On the child support, they already petitioned the court for my personal financial information. They actually demanded it in discovery from my husband who is NOT an owner or signatory of my account. We are waiting for the court's reply. Not only that, they are demanding their legal fees for filing a Motion to Compel my husband to provide MY information. She has a *B* for an attorney.

They are claiming "how the wife spends her money" relevant since we asked the court to consider we have a little girl when they consider her child support increase request.

We have provided detailed debt information with receipts, invoices and statements and provided receipts for car repairs, utilities, mortgage,car payment etc. in a detailed spreadsheet documenting everything right down to toothpaste! I don't understand this whole deal. We are 12 months into court hearings and motion after motion. They are trying to break us financially.

I read about the guy who fled the country and with all this crap going on can understand how a guy would throw his hands up and disappear. My husband has been paying all along and is being denied the basic of rights with his child and we are being mopped all over the place.
        Does the court order specify visitation on certain days? If so, your hubby needs to take a copy of the court order and the police along with him when he tries to visit. Sometimes the police will enforce the order, but even if they don't he will have a record of everytime he tried to visit. After a few months of visitation being denied, he can take her back to court on contempt, with documentation.

If the court order doesn't state specific days and only has a general visitation (such as "reasonable visitation) hubby needs to file to modify the visitation order to where it spells out the exact days, holidays, etc.

Since you have already given them most of your financial info, don't be surprised if the court orders you to produce the documents. Unless the court specifies that you give your SS number and bank account numbers, you can "white out" or "black out" those numbers and any other info that isn't needed. For example- my husband and I agreed to give his ex copies of some of my info, to prove when we were married, when I bought my home, car, etc. I used black majic marker to "black out" my SSN, maiden name, VIN number on my car and mobile home, etc. Basically, if the court doesn't SPECIFICALLY order it- don't give it voluntarily, but if they do order it- you have the legal right to protect yourself.
        Xena

Comment

The court did not order we provide documentation

of our bills. We did that voluntarily. They tried to get the court to order copies of my paystub details and I refused. The court backed me up and said a general statement of my income was ok from my employer.

IN NH the spouse's assets and income are not supposed to be considered for child support obligations.

What they want is my personal financial info. They want to know how I spend every dime of my money. Why? I think they feel I should not have two nickles to rub together when they are through.

They still have not produced their documentation either.

We've been the whole gammit on the visitation, thousands spent on counseling for the son, revised court order after revised court order. My husband has thrown his hands in the air. You can't get blood from a turnip.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X