No announcement yet.

Child Support Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And for Pete's sake...do NOT have another child when you cannot afford the ones that you and he are already responsible for.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

Can't afford cihld support

I'm sorry for not starting a new thread. I'm new to this site and wasn't sure how to do it. I'm not using our child as a way not to pay this woman. But we afford what we can give her. This payment plan was set up before we had all these other baby expenses. And I realize that her husband's money has nothing to do with it nor hers. But she is asking for money that we don't have and punishing us for it. And not to mention, punishing her little girl. This girl cries that she can't see her daddy. We (me, my husband and his daughter) are being punished for being poor. There are so many fathers who want nothing to do with their children. My husband wants to be a part of her life. We can't even afford to take this woman to court. She is very powerful. And we feel it it useless.

Comment

Okay, one...what state are you in?

Two...are you working?
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

you can file for visitation without an atty. it will take some work and research, but a lot of ppl have done it. No one is punishing you for being poor- if he does not have a legal court order that allows him to see the child, she is doing nothing wrong. if there is a court order, he needs to file contempt. the only thing you can do is go to court. and as said before, DO NOT have more children if you're complaining you can't pay his support for this one. He is obligated to pay support. He can have it modified based on income and state guidelines, but again it will require a court order. Your hubby cannot go into court and say- but I'm poor and I have another child and she won't let me see her. A judge will be mad that he had another child with no means to support the first. He needs to send her a certified letter, return receipt that he would like visitation with his daughter and give her a couple of times that he would be available (make them at different days, times, etc). ask her to write back with her response. Then, go from there and if she refuses, send another letter that he wants to excercise his rights and if she's not willing to work with him he will go back to court and get it mandated.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X