Child Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support

My husband's ex wife is ordered to pay child support in the amount of 350.00 a month, she pays 25.00 or nothing. She is on disablility and married to a man who makes very good money. what can we do, to get her to pay... have CSE involved they do nothing. they did not garnish her back pay when she got her settlement. nor do they suspend her license after he went down in person to make CSE aware..

Why should this other man pay for support of kids he did not Father?
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
      Why should this other man pay for support of kids he did not Father?
      not saying he should, but she should. While she has admitted in court that she doesn't pay for anything. She gets 724.00 a month and owes 15,000.00

Comment

Then leave her husband and his income out of this

Comment

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
          Then leave her husband and his income out of this
          not here to please everyone here,, the truth is the truth,,,she lives high on the hog while we struggle to raise these kids she left behind to start a new life..the court has order her to pay she needs to pay

Comment

I get it, you don't! Yes she should pay her support but her husbands income is not and should not be a factor! Take her to court and file contempt

Comment

pyroshooter, you should have started your own new thread with your question. You added your question to another poster's old thread. I will start a new thread for you.

You should have also furnished the name of your state.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
                pyroshooter, you should have started your own new thread with your question. You added your question to another poster's old thread. I will start a new thread for you.

You should have also furnished the name of your state.
                is this my new thread,,if not how do I start my own,,FL

Comment

Originally posted by pyroshooter View Post
                  is this my new thread,,if not how do I start my own,,FL
                  This is your new thread. I put your question in a thread of its own.

Thanks for your state - Fl.
                  Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Is she getting SSI or SSDI?

If she's on SSDI, Dad needs to request dependent benefits. Mom can then have these considered in lieu of child support. SSI does not come with dependent benefits. SSDI can also be garnished for child support arrears; SSI cannot be touched.

Dad needs to understand something else, too - he needs to expect Mom to file for a modification based upon her disability. She'll get it, although it won't wipe out the arrears. She's not going to be expected to keep paying $350/month when she's getting a little over $700 herself.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X