Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    LOL. At first I didn't get it until I read the newbie or spammer's post again.

Leave a comment:

• CarynG
    replied
    It's difficult to say whether she's a newbie or a spammer. I have no idea, really.
    sorry, couldn't resist.

Leave a comment:

• cactus jack
    replied
    Nah, looking at Thera's magnificent history I'd say just a newbie.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Right, only 1 post so far - hard to say.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    I strongly suspect Thera of being a spammer but I can't prove it yet.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Thera, please don't post just to tell the original poster you can't help them. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• PrJeff
    replied
    Take a look here regarding PA child support orders...

https://www.humanservices.state.pa.u...q.ascx#BQ6Link

"Pennsylvania law establishes that both parents are liable for the support of their children who are unemancipated and 18 years of age or younger. However, parents may be liable for the support of their children who are 18 years of age or older. For example, a support obligation may continue for a child who is 18 and still attending high school. When a child is emancipated, or over 18 years of age and no longer attending high school, one of the parents may file a "Petition for Modification of an Existing Support Order" to request that the child support order be stopped. See Question and Answer #3 for more information. Additionally, there may be other situations, such as the existence of physical or emotional challenges, when parents may be required to pay support for a child who is 18 years of age or older.

Arrears remain an outstanding debt until paid in full, regardless of how long that takes. Modification of a child support order will not eliminate arrears that accumulated as a result of nonpayment of the support order. "

Leave a comment:

• Child support Question regarding "soon to be" 18 yr old daughter Pennsylvania

What is the law regarding child support in PA where a child turns 18, but is still in High school living with me, the custodial parent. She is not working, has never worked due to no jobs and has 8 more months of school "post her 18th birthday". From there, she plans to attend a local college for 2 years where she'll still be living with me and being supported by me, and then transfer to a campus farther away where she'll be living on campus due to the distance away. Does the non-custodial parent (her mother) who doesn't even see my daughters (have another one who is 9), no longer have to pay child support once she turns 18, or does she have to pay until she is working and able to support herself on her own, no longer being supported by me? Could someone please shed some light on this topic for me? I'm disabled and on a fixed income and am receiving little child support from her mother as it is due to SSDI paying a derivative to me for both children monthly, but I am going to be in a major bind once the child support stops, unless my daughter is able to find work and help "pay her way".
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X