no support and now wants contact Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no support and now wants contact Hawaii

My son is four and has had very little contact with his biological fahter, as a matter of fact he hasn't seen him since Feb. 2007. Even when he was around it was inconsistent, often coming late and dropping my son off early. We have no agreements through the court, everything we have done has been done through civil conversaions between us. We didn't speak from Feb 2007 to the middle of August 2008, as I didn't need anything from him and he never called us. I recently moved to Hawaii for a job. My son's father was notified of the potential move through an attorney, since there has bee no support or visitation agreements, all we did was file the papers to cover my behind. He agreed and that was in Sept of 2008, I even met with him in person and offered a visit with his son, he declined. In May of this year (2009), I received a letter saying that he tried to contact me but my phone number etc had changed. Mind you I had to laugh as he was notified of our move and agreed to it. He has been sending emails to my son, which are more of a pain than I think they are worth as he asks the same questions over and over again and my son has no clue who this person is. I wanted to file abandoment but was told that unless I had someone else to adopt him it would not pass. He has not made any decisions in my son's life since he was born, to be honest in an email that he send he spelled his name wrong. He has made little to no attempt to be a parent and has always made excuses.

I have to move back to our home state to live with family for a few months due to a medical necessity. I still have a job in Hawaii and plan on moving back as soon as I am cleared to do so.

Do I have to notify the father that we are back and if I do, can he petition the courts to have us stay?

Originally posted by little one View Post
    My son is four and has had very little contact with his biological fahter, as a matter of fact he hasn't seen him since Feb. 2007. Even when he was around it was inconsistent, often coming late and dropping my son off early. We have no agreements through the court, everything we have done has been done through civil conversaions between us. We didn't speak from Feb 2007 to the middle of August 2008, as I didn't need anything from him and he never called us. I recently moved to Hawaii for a job. My son's father was notified of the potential move through an attorney, since there has bee no support or visitation agreements, all we did was file the papers to cover my behind. He agreed and that was in Sept of 2008, I even met with him in person and offered a visit with his son, he declined. In May of this year (2009), I received a letter saying that he tried to contact me but my phone number etc had changed. Mind you I had to laugh as he was notified of our move and agreed to it. He has been sending emails to my son, which are more of a pain than I think they are worth as he asks the same questions over and over again and my son has no clue who this person is. I wanted to file abandoment but was told that unless I had someone else to adopt him it would not pass. He has not made any decisions in my son's life since he was born, to be honest in an email that he send he spelled his name wrong. He has made little to no attempt to be a parent and has always made excuses.

I have to move back to our home state to live with family for a few months due to a medical necessity. I still have a job in Hawaii and plan on moving back as soon as I am cleared to do so.

Do I have to notify the father that we are back and if I do, can he petition the courts to have us stay?
    Yes, the father has the right to file in court to establish paternity, custody and visitation at any time.

You also have the right to file in court for a CS order.

Comment

i am not worried bout paternity or that, my concern is can he keep us from going back to my job and force us to tay here just for visitation?

Comment

Originally posted by little one View Post
        i am not worried bout paternity or that, my concern is can he keep us from going back to my job and force us to tay here just for visitation?
        How far apart will you be living?

Comment

Hawaii and PA~ about 6,000 miles, like I stated before, I notified him and he agreed (have all of this documentation) to allow us to move in the first place. I didn't want anything to come back and say that I did something wrong etc. , I am still under contract and do not want to loose my job (very good pay benefits etc).

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X