Bio Dads not on birth certificate...help Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio Dads not on birth certificate...help Michigan

My Boyfriends ex was married at the time their daughter was born. In Michigan the husbands name automatically goes on the birth certificate. Now they have split up she will not allow my boyfriend to see his daughter. Because he is not on the birth certificate he has no legal claim to her and the mother will not go to the court. We are concerned for the welfare of the child because she has had several CPS cases and is currently living with her girlfriend and her husband, the husband has been declared incompetant by CPS TO BE AROUND THE CHILDREN. We need help...any advice?
    ~*Mimi*~

Why is its always the GF or wife of the Fatehr who asks never the Father!? Anyways your BF (not you) goes to court seeks paternity test to establish himself as Father. Once that is done he can then pursue custody
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Well...

He would have but is not good with computers at all. You can not go to court to request DNA if there is already a father listed....any other suggestions? Any loopholes I am unaware of?
      ~*Mimi*~

Comment

Originally posted by Mystressmimi View Post
        He would have but is not good with computers at all. You can not go to court to request DNA if there is already a father listed....any other suggestions? Any loopholes I am unaware of?
        ~*Mimi*~
        Your BF should get a consult with a local attorney who will know if it is too late for him to take the issue to court or not.

Comment

We are working on that however we are finding out noone really wants to take on this case. I guess in Michigan as long as there is a father listed they really dont care whether it is the bio-dad or not. We have now recently found out that she is talking about skipping state with the daughter so that she can divorce her husband to marry her girlfriend. We are now in a panic because if she skips state we loose the daughter. We wont be able to find them. Anyone knows of anything please help.
          ~*Mimi*~

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X