Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fathers rights in IL Illinois

How to proceed?
    OK. . .My wife and I have a question. She was pregnet when we started dating the sperm donner left the state as soon as he found out she was with child. The Donner has not seen even a pick of the child, not contacted us in anyway. Rowan (the child) will be 1 year old on Sunday the 26th and now his parents are trying to push us in to giving them rights to see him. But they are refusing to have theis son do anything including paying child support. In our thoughts we do not want anything from them or him, what can we do to make sure they and him just stay away. They have had no intrest in him to date and we want to keep it that way. We are now married and have been living togather his whole life. i do not know if that make a diffrence?

Originally posted by Fingers3057 View Post
    How to proceed?
    OK. . .My wife and I have a question. She was pregnet when we started dating the sperm donner left the state as soon as he found out she was with child. The Donner has not seen even a pick of the child, not contacted us in anyway. Rowan (the child) will be 1 year old on Sunday the 26th and now his parents are trying to push us in to giving them rights to see him. But they are refusing to have theis son do anything including paying child support. In our thoughts we do not want anything from them or him, what can we do to make sure they and him just stay away. They have had no intrest in him to date and we want to keep it that way. We are now married and have been living togather his whole life. i do not know if that make a diffrence?
    I answered this in your other thread. There is nothing you can do to make sure the biological father "stays away." He is the biological father, and if he chooses to be a part of the child's life, he can. That is his right. Assuming that he was never legally named as the child's father, and there is no way to file for abandonment either, in case that was your next question.

HIS parents have no rights in this sepcific case. Grandparents CAN be granted visitation in Illinois, but they have to prove to the court that there is an existing relationship with the child and it is in the child's best interest to continue that relationship. As they have never met the child, they cannot do so.

Your wife needs to take the initiative here and file against the biological father for a determination of parentage and an order for child support. If the father is unwilling to be a part of the child's life, it is possible that he can have hisi rghts terminated so that you can adopt.

Your wife should contact a fmaily law attorney ASAP. Please take care of this now. If you just try and keep going the way you are, eventually, it may come back and bite you. Eventually, if bio-dad so chooses, he can come back and be a part of the child's life. That is his right.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X