Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child support after applying for Med-Cal in California

Hi there,

My wife is not a American citizen she came to USA as visitor (we are not married legally in USA) and she applied for the Med-Cal in California for just delivery related issues and they accepted her and she applied with her name without mention may name at all . After she delivers she added the baby to her Med-Cal case.

After that when Med-Cal worker knows that I am the father. I found a child support office calling me regarding the child support for the baby which my wife never file for child support while I am already supporting the baby and there is no problem between me and her at all.

We just not leave together for now but will move together very soon.
    Now I have to fill the forms the child support sent to me for that case. Which I don’t want to go further for that case

My questions is:

1- I and my wife we don't want to go further for that case we don't want that case to go to court how can we do that? I mean I need to cancel as it is opened from the Med-Cal side and my wife never asked them to open it.

2- In case the case went to the court what I need to do to dismiss that case?

3- And what if I moved with her and married legally in the USA is that will dismiss that case?

Please help me Thank you in advance.
    hoho

Originally posted by webhay View Post
    Hi there,

My wife is not a American citizen she came to USA as visitor (we are not married legally in USA) and she applied for the Med-Cal in California for just delivery related issues and they accepted her and she applied with her name without mention may name at all . After she delivers she added the baby to her Med-Cal case.

After that when Med-Cal worker knows that I am the father. I found a child support office calling me regarding the child support for the baby which my wife never file for child support while I am already supporting the baby and there is no problem between me and her at all.

We just not leave together for now but will move together very soon.
    Now I have to fill the forms the child support sent to me for that case. Which I don’t want to go further for that case

My questions is:

1- I and my wife we don't want to go further for that case we don't want that case to go to court how can we do that? I mean I need to cancel as it is opened from the Med-Cal side and my wife never asked them to open it.

2- In case the case went to the court what I need to do to dismiss that case?

3- And what if I moved with her and married legally in the USA is that will dismiss that case?

Please help me Thank you in advance.
    hoho
    You have the duty to legally support your children. The taxpayers paid for/are paying for the medical care of your 'wife' and your child. Before anyone else has to be on the hook for that care, you are required to contribute. You WILL be ordered to pay child support (rightfully so).
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

I have no problem doing that

Thank you for your reply, I have no problem doing that I was one of the taxpayer before the economy went down and I lost my job that is why she applied for Med-Cal. Now is there is any way to avoid the court or not?

Thank you
      hoho

Comment

Originally posted by webhay View Post
        Thank you for your reply, I have no problem doing that I was one of the taxpayer before the economy went down and I lost my job that is why she applied for Med-Cal. Now is there is any way to avoid the court or not?

Thank you
        hoho
        Yep. You voluntarily agree to the CS order. If you fight establishment of CS, you will be in court.

Either way, you will be ordered to pay CS, even if it's the bare minimum based on your income and the guidelines set by the state.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X