Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEEAASSEE HEELLPP A LOVING FATHER THAT WANT TO BE THERE FOR MY CHILD New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEEAASSEE HEELLPP A LOVING FATHER THAT WANT TO BE THERE FOR MY CHILD New Jersey

1. we were not together when baby was born but have acknowledgment that im undoubtedly the father

2.I was not at hospital at birth so i am not on birth certificate.We went to the vital records to notarize name change and etc. then a week later she changed her mind about everything.

3. baby was born and has lived with the mother and her mother family since birth (baby is now 3 months old)

4. I have been giving her items such as clothes food and diapers but We never went to court to determine child support, or visting time

5.I have been visiting baby once or twice a week for 2-4 hours a day at mother's home mostly

6. Mother started getting advice from her parents and word is now planning on moving to another state to be with them.

I need someones advice there not many fathers that would like to be there for there children but im man enough you stand at the plate. im not sure if there grief that the fact that we are not together anymore or child interference. but she claims yes i want you to be there but make it very difficult every time i buy her things(my daughter) or ask how shes doing I get the attitude of fault for example i brought her diapers and clothes first thing she stated was in a little bit she going to get to big for those instead of thanking me or anything i want to make sure things get down correctly as in custody and getting her name ,birth certificate info done properly and visting time spending one on one quality time PLEASE HELLPP!!!!!
    Last edited by Cornell; 07-06-2009, 10:55 AM. Reason: typo

Go get a lawyer and file a petition for determination of paternity and a decision on visitation, custody and support. It's not as complicated as you think.

Also, when you go to court, do not bring out the "not many men would be there for their child but I will" mentality. It's insulting. There are lots and lots and lots of fathers out there who actually parent their children and provide for them mentally, physically and financially. Suggesting that there are not is incorrect. You are not unique because you want to see your kid.

Comment

Add... there is no interference on her part here, even if she up and moves. Until you go to court and have it legally determined that you are the father of this child (which will be done through a court-ordered paternity test, even if you are sure), you have no rights to this child.

Comment

soo even tho she moves and i file a petition she doesn't let me know where she located or answer her phone as she is doing now at the moment how would i be able to contact her(my ex) to get this situation rectified for paternity test we went to vital records and signed the papers and notarize it for name change and my name of the birth ceritificate then a week later the notarity sent it back under a different form but same info i had no knowledge until fathers day she give me the paper asked me to sign it without also being willing to sign it on her own behalf as if there were going to be some sort of editing done to it. soo i suggested to her i rather have a notarity while we handle important paper work. As the days past this a week later she contact me and change the whole agreement we had sign to previously for the name change and told me to meet her to sign my name onto the birth certificate it is completely with my name on it without my reissuing the paperwork for the annulment of birth certificate change im very confused im pretty sure there was some sort of falsifying my signature of some kind vital records would not give me any info im just told to ask her mother which is unreachable at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Cornell View Post
          soo even tho she moves and i file a petition she doesn't let me know where she located or answer her phone as she is doing now at the moment how would i be able to contact her(my ex) to get this situation rectified for paternity test we went to vital records and signed the papers and notarize it for name change and my name of the birth ceritificate then a week later the notarity sent it back under a different form but same info i had no knowledge until fathers day she give me the paper asked me to sign it without also being willing to sign it on her own behalf as if there were going to be some sort of editing done to it. soo i suggested to her i rather have a notarity while we handle important paper work. As the days past this a week later she contact me and change the whole agreement we had sign to previously for the name change and told me to meet her to sign my name onto the birth certificate it is completely with my name on it without my reissuing the paperwork for the annulment of birth certificate change im very confused im pretty sure there was some sort of falsifying my signature of some kind vital records would not give me any info im just told to ask her mother which is unreachable at the moment

Ok, you are actually very difficult to understand. PLEASE us sentences with capital letters at the beginning and periods at the end. This is a legal message board, not Facebook or MySpace or Twitter.

Birth certificates are LEGAL documents that are filed with the county. There is no such thing as signing and resigning and having them notarized, etc. Notarizing a NAME CHANGE is not the same as granting you rights as a parent. You currently have none, no matter if the child has your last name or not.

If you were not married to her at the time the child was born or within 10 months (I believe) prior to the time the child was born, no amount of signatures or notarizing will either give you or deny you rights. Your ONLY option is to file a petition in court for determination of parentage. You will have to have her served with notice of the hearing.

She has not disappeared without a trace. You don't need her to answer your phone call. You need someone to serve her, at her home, at her mother's home, at her work, in the shopping mall, wherever she is. Just becuase she is not taking your call does not mean she is unreachable.

Go get a lawyer. I would not suggest you try this on your own.
          Last edited by MomofBoys; 07-06-2009, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Just a random question that popped into my head....

How old are you and how old is Mom?
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
            (unique up on him)
            How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
            (same way)

Comment

thanks for the advice I clearly understand the facts. Im just derailed about the amount of difficultly this issue has became to. but, I will definitely take your responses into consideration.

ps. age really hold no value within this issue because the lack of my knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Cornell View Post
                thanks for the advice I clearly understand the facts. Im just derailed about the amount of difficultly this issue has became to. but, I will definitely take your responses into consideration.

The age of both you and the mother can actually be quite significant, knowledge of the facts or not.

There really is NOT a lot of difficulty involved. You need to contact an attorney. Filing for a determination of parentage can be done pro se, but based on your posts and what appears to be a lack of understanding of the law and some level of immaturity, it's a bad idea for you to try it alone. I don't mean to sound cruel, it's just a fact.

Parents are granted rights to custody and visitation every day. It's not that hard to file. I think you are overwhelmed, but I promise, get a lawyer on your side and you will see how much easier the process actually can be.

Comment

Depending on the ages, the answer can be vitally impotant. I'm asking based solely on information you provided in your posts, both statements made and your style of expression and communication.
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                  (unique up on him)
                  How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                  (same way)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X