Grounds for emergency hering in Florida??? Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grounds for emergency hering in Florida??? Florida

My husbands children are having their visitation for 2 weeks of the summer and it has now come to light thet their mother has refused to take his 15 year old daughter to the doctor after the initial appointment(she didnt even take her to the follow up appointment) and is making her take expired medications for the illness that she was diagnosed with about 6 mos ago(bronchitis). Neither if his children have seen a doctor for a physical or anything for the past 5 years at least(not even a dentist) His children are 11 and 15 the 15 yeard old has seen a dentist 3 times in her life and the 11 year old only twice..even though my husband has to pay for health insurance...their mother also took a trip to th bahamas and frequently goes on trips but dosent provide for the children. We reside in Fl.

Also wanted to add that I do understand that he will have to be the one to file papers etc. im just helping in figuring the best way to go about it...

anyone??? Thanx in advance for the help....

Comment

So, why hasn't he taken the children to the doctor or dentist when they are with him?
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by Suggiemama123 View Post
        My husbands children are having their visitation for 2 weeks of the summer and it has now come to light thet their mother has refused to take his 15 year old daughter to the doctor after the initial appointment(she didnt even take her to the follow up appointment) and is making her take expired medications for the illness that she was diagnosed with about 6 mos ago(bronchitis). Neither if his children have seen a doctor for a physical or anything for the past 5 years at least(not even a dentist) His children are 11 and 15 the 15 yeard old has seen a dentist 3 times in her life and the 11 year old only twice..even though my husband has to pay for health insurance...their mother also took a trip to th bahamas and frequently goes on trips but dosent provide for the children. We reside in Fl.

Also wanted to add that I do understand that he will have to be the one to file papers etc. im just helping in figuring the best way to go about it...
        I'm confused. You said she didn't take the kids to the doctor, but the 15 year old was diagnosed with bronchitis 6 months ago. How was she diagnosed? If the child has had bronchitis for 6 months, then he should take her to the doctor. But the medication she picked up 6 months ago shouldn't be expired yet. So that part confused me too. It should have been FINISHED long ago, but as far as its potency, it's not expired. Are you saying that rather than take her to the doc again, Mom is just medicating her with left-over medication from the last time she was diagnosed?

Or... Are you saying that your husband took the kids to the doc, but Mom didn't take them to the follow up?

Please clarify.

Both children would have HAD to have a physical in the past five years in order to be enrolled in school. Dentist too. A lot of parents only take their kids to the dentist when it is required for school, rather than every six months. If you don't have specific insurance for it, it's costly.

Have the children been sick? Do they need medical attention? Are they abused or neglected in some way? What about their schools, have they alerted Dad to possible problems of neglect or lack of medical care?

HOW does she not provide for the children? Taking a trip without your kids is not in itself bad parenting. My husband and I have taken many adults-only trips, and plan to take more in the future. Treating yourself to a week in the Bahamas does not make her unfit to retain custody, unless, of course, she left the children to fend for themselves.

What are the grounds for an emergency hearing?

Comment

clarification

I am saying she is having the 15 year old take left over medications from when she had bronchitis..those medication are expired and have been expired since December of last year.

And no im not saying that adult only trips are forbidden im just saying shouldnt your kids health needs be taken care of before doing so. The only time the 11 year old has had a physical was to get into kindergarten...he is 11 now and in second grade he has failed quite a few times. the 15 year old has only seen a doctor when she was diagnosed with bronchitis last year and that was it..

Im thinking the best way to go about this would be to ask for joint custody so that my husband can see to it that they are being taken to the doctor and be more involved with their schooling while still maintaining frequent contact with both parents...

as it is now we only have them 2 weeks of summer, every other weekend and every wednesday, and for 1 week of summer and christmas vacation....

Would that sound appropriate?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X