Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Kentucky- Child Support- Wrongfully Terminated

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kentucky- Child Support- Wrongfully Terminated

    As some of you know my boss has been trying to get rid of me all year long because I am bisexual. He has made anti gay statements publicly and I reported various violations of law to the proper authorities. I even recieved a death threat letter at work from an anonymous source. After I reported the violations to the authorities I was suspended and then fired for what he calls misconduct. I have been the perfect employee for 15 years.

    Now I have 1200 per month child support to pay and I lost my job because of a bigot boss. What do I do? Can child support be lowered after being fired? I feel so bad about losing my job I don't know what to do. I am not a deadbeat dad. I have never missed a child support payment. Please help!

  • #2
    I can't answer the child support question - that's not my area of expertise. But may I suggest that you also post a form of this question in the Employment area? I have some questions for you about your termination but I don't want to clutter up your child support issue with employment information.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      A question has now been posted in the employment law forum by OP also.

      Re the lowering of the child support, you would have to contact the court. Someone may come along with some add'l. information for you in regard to this.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      • #4
        Dude, you need to compose yourself. You have made several posts originating around what appears to be the same issue, but bits and pieces. You can't expect much help that way.

        So compose yourself, compose your post (since you're a teacher that should be a cinch), THEN bring it here.
        I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
        Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
        I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
        Don't worry, be happy. is a good resource!


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.