Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Full custody in TEXAS - not married, live seperate, but not on paper? Texas

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ShakinThingzUp

    Visit this site - seek legal aid to protect your children and yourself. It provides a list of legal resources for victims of abuse in Texas. Since you say his "family violence" has been documented, you may have a good chance of getting legal help through one of these organizations - and hopefully they can help you get what you are seeking.

    God bless you,

    Leave a comment:

  • Full custody in TEXAS - not married, live seperate, but not on paper? Texas


    I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of HOW to go about filing for full custody. So I can be prepared with all the correct documents and information to present.

    There are 3 children, ages 1 + , 3, & 5.

    They have the fathers last name from signing birth certificate, but we have never been married. We currently have a house in BOTH our names, but he does not live there. I live there alone with our 3 children, pay all the bills, and own the only vehicle. He also hardly spends any time with them at all.

    Since we are separated, the father jumps around to friends and families houses to stay the night, no longer has a job, and does not have a vehicle since he does not have the job anymore. This has been going on for about a year.

    If he is awarded visitation, I would like to ask for SUPERVISED, since he has been arrested and documented for family violence.

    So could anyone tell me any reason I shouldn't be awarded that I haven't thought of, or cant provide proof of easily. And what i would need to provide to complete this process. Any help is much appreciated. THANKS
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.