Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Custody help!!! Florida

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Ok, here is another question....

    If we end up with custody (full or become the custodial parents), does the child support come to my fiance then? When the support/custody was put in place, my stepsons mother was not working but now is. I know they combind the incomes of the parents to determin support amounts. Now that she is working and my fiance has a better paying job, will the support to him (again, if we win the case) be more than what we pay her now that she has substantial income?

    And, my fiance would have to file for a modification of not only custody but child support, right, or is it all rolled into one case?


    • #17
      Depends, In my husbands case he had a prior child support case before the state took custody of the child. When that happened the case was marked dormant pending the results from the judge. The judge heard the custody case which was seperate from the child support case all together. Our lawyer just motioned to combine the cases together.
      Relying on "if's" and she is working she will have to pay child support to your fiance. Maybe someone could post a link to a work sheet or website that will give you some more information.
      Take care


      • #18

        This is a website I found with "emergency injunction" for custody of the child. Is this what we should do considering? It has been about 8 months since the little boy was locked out of the house, is it too late? I wish I had known about this sooner?!?!


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.