Custody for Single Mother, Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custody for Single Mother, Virginia

I don't know how to go about filing for custody. If I am to file for custody and he doesn't abide by the agreement, what happens to him? I've come to this decision because my sons father is inconsistent and unreliable, creating an unstable/unstructured life for my son. I don't think that it's fair for him to be able to make a schedule on his own or to inconvenience my son and I anymore then he already has. He doesn't pay child support and he doesn't even have a place of his own. I feel terrible leaving my son with him but on the other hand I feel terrible about taking him away from his father. Suggestions?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X