Paying CHild support for a Child that is not mine in PA Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying CHild support for a Child that is not mine in PA Pennsylvania

back in 1995 my ex had a child, i put my name on the Birth certificate thinking we would be together forever. that was not the case. after 4 years, the mother and I went to the court( she proclaimed that I wasnt the father, and she knew who he was, ( the daughter is a spitting image of the bio father) to request a DNA test be done, ( this is after a support order was issued because she was on state assistance.) the judge agreed, but later recinded because there was an order out already for support. my question is this, have the laws changed? I have two biological children of my own now, she is remarried, the child sees the bio father regularly, but is not being held financially responsible. is there a way out of this? I do not want to be paid back, I just want the bio father to be responsible.... HELP!!!!!!!

3 months and no reply?

is there anyone out there who has an IDEA?????

Comment

The laws haven't changed.

You can try to file a change... but don't hope for much.
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by slimsuse View Post
        back in 1995 my ex had a child, i put my name on the Birth certificate thinking we would be together forever. that was not the case. after 4 years, the mother and I went to the court( she proclaimed that I wasnt the father, and she knew who he was, ( the daughter is a spitting image of the bio father) to request a DNA test be done, ( this is after a support order was issued because she was on state assistance.) the judge agreed, but later recinded because there was an order out already for support. my question is this, have the laws changed? I have two biological children of my own now, she is remarried, the child sees the bio father regularly, but is not being held financially responsible. is there a way out of this? I do not want to be paid back, I just want the bio father to be responsible.... HELP!!!!!!!
        No, unfortunately there isn't any way out. Look at it this way, the child will be an adult in just a few years and your CS will stop.

Just to be sure though, it won't hurt to get a consult with a local attorney, but be sure to bring copies of all court orders with you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X