paying more than ordered child support? Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paying more than ordered child support? Arizona

I want to pay more than the ordered child support and i wanted my employer to take it out of my checks and send it to the clearing house but they wont they said i need a court order is that right or do they have to send the amount that i tell them to if its above the ordered amount?

Your employer doesn't have to send anything at all unless there is a court order that says so. Your support requirement is between you and your ex, not you and your employer.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

We sometimes do this as a courtesy but it can turn into a real admin nightmare because part of it is court ordered and part isnt. It has to be tracked separately by payroll and frankly, its a lot more work.

I can understand why the payroll dept doesnt want to do anything that isnt court ordered.
      I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by raulgil5 View Post
        I want to pay more than the ordered child support and i wanted my employer to take it out of my checks and send it to the clearing house but they wont they said i need a court order is that right or do they have to send the amount that i tell them to if its above the ordered amount?
        There's a simple way around the problem. whatever amount you wish to pay above what is court ordered and garnished, can be sent in to the state clearing house by you sending a money order.

Comment

Automatic Transfer

You can also ask your bank to make an automatic transfer of child support, but make sure whether there are fees or not. If you have more questions, you can go to www.familylawphoenix.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X