Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

non-custodial parent VISITION RIGHTS Florida

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • non-custodial parent VISITION RIGHTS Florida

    I'm from Miami, Florida and me and my boyfriend live together. He has a daughter by another woman and she won't let him see her till the child support papers are completed. He can only come to her house to visit his daughter because she doesn't want her daughter to come to our house anymore. Her daughter calls me mommy and she asks her mother all the time, can she go to daddy's girlfriends house. So I realize she is doing this out of spite, which I don't understand cause he was the one who left my boyfriend because she said he wasn't the "ONE". What process would we have to go through in order to get partial custody of his daughter?
    Last edited by manouchka89; 06-03-2009, 05:46 PM. Reason: misspelled word

  • #2
    Originally posted by manouchka89 View Post
    I'm from Miami, Florida and me and my boyfriend live together. He has a daughter by another woman and she won't let him see her till the child support papers are completed. He can only come to her house to visit his daughter because she doesn't want her daughter to come to our house anymore. Her daughter calls me mommy and she asks her mother all the time, can she go to daddy's girlfriends house. So I realize she is doing this out of spite, which I don't understand cause he was the one who left my boyfriend because she said he wasn't the "ONE". What process would we have to go through in order to get partial custody of his daughter?
    Has he filed for a custody and visitation order?
    If not, he needs to ASAP.
    Until there is a specific order for visitation, the mother can dictate all visits.

    Comment


    • #3
      no not yet.how do i go about doing so? and do we need a lawyer?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by manouchka89 View Post
        and Do We Need A Lawyer?
        Yes You Do.
        I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
        Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
        I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
        Don't worry, be happy.

        http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by manouchka89 View Post
          no not yet.how do i go about doing so? and do we need a lawyer?
          Your boyfriend needs to do everything as you have no standing at all in this issue. You may be emotionally involoved but that is all. In my situation my husband gained physical custody of his son after a custody battle and the hardest thing I had to do was stop with the we's and us's in that situation as the boy had a mother and a father and eventhough I take primary care of him I am just his step mom with no legal right to the child.
          Has Dad taken a DNA test yet? Sometimes with the child support that is required. He must first prove to be the father then child support will be established. Custody and visitation is a seperate issue and will be determined in the childs best interests.
          In the mean time document the activites such as her only allowing visits at her house and any other unreasonable behavior. She will only hang herself in court if she continues to show an unwillingness to support the childs relationship with her father.
          Most importantly STAY OUT OF IT, tust me! Things have gotten better since I turned over my battles with my step son's mother.
          Take care..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by manouchka89 View Post
            no not yet.how do i go about doing so? and do we need a lawyer?
            It's always best to hire an attorney. However, if he cannot afford to, he will need to file pro-se. He'll need to read up on the laws and court rules.

            Comment


            • #7
              I know i have to stand back and let them work out their issues but it's hard for me because I've already become emotionally attached to his daughter. He wants to get full custody of her because he says I have a better relationship with his daughter then her actual mother. He doesn't see her fit to be a mother because their morals are different. She's 26 and shes still living with her parents so i don't understand why she wants child support because she has no bills to pay. And my boyfriend is paying her daycare which is $800 a month! He was trying to convince her that he will set up an account to give her $400 a month without going to court but she is trying to get $1000 per month! My boyfriend make about $30,000 per year. Do you think the court will grant her that much???

              Comment


              • #8
                Eventhough she has a great relationship with you (which is awesome) the girl has a mother and nothing can compaire to that. Your boyfriend cant know how the girl feels about you or her mother she is young and an individual. As far as child support goes DO IT THROUGH COURT. It will be fair and legal, never try and set it up under the table. I've known way to many people get burned that way. Even the day care he pays is probably to much. No matter where the mother lives as long as the child is in her physical custody she is intitled to support and he is responsible to pay it. He should really speak with legal aid or an attorney. Good luck

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by manouchka89 View Post
                  I know i have to stand back and let them work out their issues but it's hard for me because I've already become emotionally attached to his daughter. He wants to get full custody of her because he says I have a better relationship with his daughter then her actual mother. He doesn't see her fit to be a mother because their morals are different. She's 26 and shes still living with her parents so i don't understand why she wants child support because she has no bills to pay. And my boyfriend is paying her daycare which is $800 a month! He was trying to convince her that he will set up an account to give her $400 a month without going to court but she is trying to get $1000 per month! My boyfriend make about $30,000 per year. Do you think the court will grant her that much???
                  PLEASE, PLEASE, for your husband's sake go for a consult with a local attorney with your husband. While there, be sure to tell the attorney exactly what you have said here. Then, see what the attorney's response will be. I'll give you a hint- YOU will be hurting your husband's chances as a completely overstepping step-parent.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    thank you sooo much for ur comments. He got a lawyer and he will be taking her to court next week! I'll let you know the outcome... Thank u again

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by manouchka89 View Post
                      ...Her daughter calls me mommy and she asks her mother all the time, can she go to daddy's girlfriends house.
                      I must confess THAT is the best thing in this world. My youngest step-daughter did that and there is nothing more heart-warming than that. To earn that much love from a child is truly priceless!
                      I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
                      Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
                      I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
                      Don't worry, be happy.

                      http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It feels REALLY GOOD cuz we've been trying to get pregnant for about a year now, with no success. But until that wonderful day comes, I enjoying being a stepmom to his daughter.

                        Comment

                        The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                        Working...
                        X