X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xena
    replied
    Originally posted by HisLovingWife View Post
    I have an only child with a man from a 1 night stand 14 years ago. I was 15 and dying to try sex. I got pregnant on 1st try and never saw man again til 9 months later. My mom and his mom convinced him to be with me and child, as we were both young, but he never really gave me his all. We never married. He never kept a job, had numerous women, and was horrible to me.

Then he meets his new wife(insane) and lo and behold has a change of heart. Now he decides he wants to provide her with cars, beautiful home. money. and all things he never did for me and his child. So he not only works but moves up in the world to big position.

Fast forward to present. I am happily married to a man with good income. I have completed college and change my life around. I have good income.

Her Bio dad spends no time with her only with his new family of 5 kids with his wife. Now he says he and his wife decided that he can't pay for college, nor help buy 1st car, nor leave anything to my daughter if he dies, because they have 5 kids to provide for and my child has me and her stepdad(who has no kids) and she is the only heir on my side of family(I'm only child).
    I don't understand how a man can stay with a woman who hates his child and
    on top of all this he only pays me 650 monyj in support.

Also, my child was called a stupid B!tch by step mom who really wants to pretend my child does not exist and hates her. Can I use this to force him to pay for college? Can i get more support or will 5 kids and a stay at home wife make his amount less than what I currently get. I feel he should help pay for college.
    If he is earning more money than when the CS order was issied, you can file for a modification.

I don't know if LA allows for court ordered college support, but it's definately worth a consult with a local attorney to find out.

Leave a comment:

• Kris23
    replied
    Thats really to bad about step mom, I am going to be a step mom very soon and he is like my own and I love him very much. My advice to some of your legal questions would be that like Panther said you can go to court and motion for college support. Depending on your state I am pretty sure that if your daughter goes to college out of high school Dad may have to continue to pay child support anyway while she is enrolled and getting passing grades.
    From what I know about the original case against my fiancee with child support his sons mother tried to say that he had no other children which in fact we have a daughter together and during the time of the court action. Non-joint children that your ex is reponsible for could lower the amount of money that you get. (thats what happened once the court found out about my daughter) I dont think that his wife would lower the amount. I would contact your case worker (if you have one) because a lot of what you want to accomplish could be done in your original child support case you would just re-open it with a motion to modify and you would get all his current information and know that what you get or are getting is "fair".

Leave a comment:

• panther10758
    replied
    You can go to court and ask for ruling that he help with College.

Leave a comment:

• HisLovingWife
    started a topic My child's stepmother hates her. Louisiana

My child's stepmother hates her. Louisiana

I have an only child with a man from a 1 night stand 14 years ago. I was 15 and dying to try sex. I got pregnant on 1st try and never saw man again til 9 months later. My mom and his mom convinced him to be with me and child, as we were both young, but he never really gave me his all. We never married. He never kept a job, had numerous women, and was horrible to me.

Then he meets his new wife(insane) and lo and behold has a change of heart. Now he decides he wants to provide her with cars, beautiful home. money. and all things he never did for me and his child. So he not only works but moves up in the world to big position.

Fast forward to present. I am happily married to a man with good income. I have completed college and change my life around. I have good income.

Her Bio dad spends no time with her only with his new family of 5 kids with his wife. Now he says he and his wife decided that he can't pay for college, nor help buy 1st car, nor leave anything to my daughter if he dies, because they have 5 kids to provide for and my child has me and her stepdad(who has no kids) and she is the only heir on my side of family(I'm only child).
    I don't understand how a man can stay with a woman who hates his child and
    on top of all this he only pays me 650 monyj in support.

Also, my child was called a stupid B!tch by step mom who really wants to pretend my child does not exist and hates her. Can I use this to force him to pay for college? Can i get more support or will 5 kids and a stay at home wife make his amount less than what I currently get. I feel he should help pay for college.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X