Definition of "Protective"?? Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definition of "Protective"?? Kentucky

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows what the term "protective" means in the following language of a Court Order in Dependency Court (Ky.):

"Jane & Jill Doe* to be remanded from docket pending further motion or order in Circuit Court Custody Action. Recognizing current orders are protective."

* Names have been changed to protect identity of minor children.

My two stepdaughters are two of the three children subject to this case in Jefferson County, Ky. and Court was March 10,2009. The aforementioned words are taken directly from the Dependency Calendar (Court Order) from that date. I have no idea what this sentence means and have not had the chance yet to speak to my husband's attorney to find out so I figured that I would come on here for some advice if possible. I am thinking that it MAY mean that all prior Orders are still in effect until further Order of Circuit Court but am not sure. Any advice or suggestions are welcome and will be appreciated! Thanks for your time...

Originally posted by mommyofhaleigh View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows what the term "protective" means in the following language of a Court Order in Dependency Court (Ky.):

"Jane & Jill Doe* to be remanded from docket pending further motion or order in Circuit Court Custody Action. Recognizing current orders are protective."

* Names have been changed to protect identity of minor children.

My two stepdaughters are two of the three children subject to this case in Jefferson County, Ky. and Court was March 10,2009. The aforementioned words are taken directly from the Dependency Calendar (Court Order) from that date. I have no idea what this sentence means and have not had the chance yet to speak to my husband's attorney to find out so I figured that I would come on here for some advice if possible. I am thinking that it MAY mean that all prior Orders are still in effect until further Order of Circuit Court but am not sure. Any advice or suggestions are welcome and will be appreciated! Thanks for your time...
    You may be correct, however your attorney will know for sure.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X