Minor Travel California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Travel California

I have a daughter who is 17 and I have learned her mother has taken her out of the country on vacation without my consent. Does her mother not have to get my approval to leave the country with my still minor daughter? From what I can find about passports, she can get a passport without my signature although I thought travel of this nature had to be cleared with me. Thanks

Originally posted by tmcgin710395 View Post
    I have a daughter who is 17 and I have learned her mother has taken her out of the country on vacation without my consent. Does her mother not have to get my approval to leave the country with my still minor daughter? From what I can find about passports, she can get a passport without my signature although I thought travel of this nature had to be cleared with me. Thanks

It depends on your custody agreement. What does your paperwork say about travel?

Comment

Travel is not mentioned in any of the documents. We simply have joint legal custody.

Comment

Originally posted by tmcgin710395 View Post
        Travel is not mentioned in any of the documents. We simply have joint legal custody.
        I'm not sure, but I think I recently read that both parents must sign for a minor's passport.

This might be worth researching more, or getting a quick consult with a local attorney. I'll try to find where I read it, and post it here, but it might take me a few days.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X