X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xena
    replied
    Originally posted by babyrector View Post
    sorry Ok my fiance was ordered to pay child support AFTER the kids were taken away from her. He was paying her rent before she went to get him to pay child support. They were taken away in Kentucky and for some reason Missouri had no idea. She was actually collecting TANF on the kids when they were in the state of KY care but she was getting it here in Missouri. It's a mess and a half if you would like I could give you dates when everything was put into effect. Kids taken from her Nov. 9th 2007, Child support order filled and supposed to pay November 15th, 2007, TANF collected Oct 28 2007-Feb 28 2008. Make sence now why we want this stopped. She only goes after him for back support when she doesn't have a job any other time she doesn't give a rip about it oh yeah he has to pay current support on the kids to her as well. Talk about a kick in the teeth. He has no problem supporting his twins but to pay someone who has not had them when she got the order pushed threw is slightly ridiculous.
    My situation I left my ex with my twins and he has payed a whole 60 maybe 70 dollars to me. I went and got TANF because he refuses to pay anything more to me while I am with my fiance. T he state was going to go after him for support but he refused to sign the paper work stating he was the Twins dad. So we had to go do a DNA test. Boy was that fun. He missed his apportionment and only went to the second one because they said he could be put in jail if he didn't go. Now since that date that the test came back that yes he is the father(I could of told you that) he went and got state assistance on his Daughter where the mother lives with him and is taking the money to care for the child and using it for smokes. Your not supposed to get help if you live with the parent and said parent has a job. Oh yeah for got to mention she makes pretty good money. I am getting barely enough to live on with the twins, my fiance must pay current and back support and WE have an infant together. So there is never enough to even buy my fiance insulin. Make is easier to understand.
    Your finance needs to gather up all court orders and take them to an attorney for a consult. He won't be able to get the retro support modified, but he should be able to get a modification of the current support and have it paid to whoever has custody of the child.

Leave a comment:

• Kris23
    replied
    Well that does sound like a sticky situation. My first question is was there a hearing for your fiance's child support? If so, did he present the out of home placement order to the judge at that time? If not that was his first mistake. If the children are in state custody that does not mean that Dad doesnt have to pay child support. He still has to pay but it should be intercepted from Mom and given to the placement agency that has custody. Here in Minnesota they can intercept the support and also charge extra to Dad for the services the county is using to try and unify the children with their mother. My advice is to consult with a lawyer and get more clarification on your issues.

Leave a comment:

• babyrector
    replied
    sorry Ok my fiance was ordered to pay child support AFTER the kids were taken away from her. He was paying her rent before she went to get him to pay child support. They were taken away in Kentucky and for some reason Missouri had no idea. She was actually collecting TANF on the kids when they were in the state of KY care but she was getting it here in Missouri. It's a mess and a half if you would like I could give you dates when everything was put into effect. Kids taken from her Nov. 9th 2007, Child support order filled and supposed to pay November 15th, 2007, TANF collected Oct 28 2007-Feb 28 2008. Make sence now why we want this stopped. She only goes after him for back support when she doesn't have a job any other time she doesn't give a rip about it oh yeah he has to pay current support on the kids to her as well. Talk about a kick in the teeth. He has no problem supporting his twins but to pay someone who has not had them when she got the order pushed threw is slightly ridiculous.
    My situation I left my ex with my twins and he has payed a whole 60 maybe 70 dollars to me. I went and got TANF because he refuses to pay anything more to me while I am with my fiance. T he state was going to go after him for support but he refused to sign the paper work stating he was the Twins dad. So we had to go do a DNA test. Boy was that fun. He missed his apportionment and only went to the second one because they said he could be put in jail if he didn't go. Now since that date that the test came back that yes he is the father(I could of told you that) he went and got state assistance on his Daughter where the mother lives with him and is taking the money to care for the child and using it for smokes. Your not supposed to get help if you live with the parent and said parent has a job. Oh yeah for got to mention she makes pretty good money. I am getting barely enough to live on with the twins, my fiance must pay current and back support and WE have an infant together. So there is never enough to even buy my fiance insulin. Make is easier to understand.

Leave a comment:

• MomofBoys
    replied
    Originally posted by babyrector View Post
    My soon to be husband, has to pay back child support on children that the mother does not have custody of and has not had since before the child support order was placed. What can he do to get this stopped? She even recently took him to court over it. I who has custody of my children filed for child support on my kids and the dad who is defrauding the government doesn't have to pay. How does all this work. We are in Missouri if anyone could help with the laws here that would be great thanks in advance.
    I'm a little confused by your post.

Your fiance was ordered to pay back support to the mother. It doens't matter where the children live NOW. It matters where they lived when he was not paying support. That is the person who receives the support. If he wasn't paying it, he has to pay it now, that cannot be stopped.

As far as your situation, you did not post enough information for us to understand why you are not receiveing support.

Leave a comment:

• babyrector
    started a topic Confussed in Missouri

Confussed in Missouri

My soon to be husband, has to pay back child support on children that the mother does not have custody of and has not had since before the child support order was placed. What can he do to get this stopped? She even recently took him to court over it. I who has custody of my children filed for child support on my kids and the dad who is defrauding the government doesn't have to pay. How does all this work. We are in Missouri if anyone could help with the laws here that would be great thanks in advance.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X