guardianship to custody Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guardianship to custody Pennsylvania

Hey everyone i have a 9 month year old son with my girlfriend who is 17, we signed co-guardianship to my parents meaning his grandparents. Since he came home to from the hospital my parents have paid for everything diapers clothing food ex... now since she was 17 can she legally get that guardianship back if we broke up? also i was wondering what the grandparents rights were, if they could get custody since they have paid for everything, even are personal doctor diagnosed my girlfriend with mental health problems, i know she wont sign custody to my parents but are there anyways we can get around her having her have to sign, if you can help please do so, much appreciated.
    nick
    Last edited by rhezin; 07-24-2008, 11:48 PM.

You might check out the following site, they have a lot of information:

http://www.pafamilylawyers.com/CM/Fa...wPractice7.asp

Comment

Just for your privacy, you may want to remove your name and location.
      I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by rhezin View Post
        Hey everyone my name is nick lansidel im 20 years old living in west chester pa and i have a 9 month year old son with my girlfriend who is 17, we signed co-guardianship to my parents meaning his grandparents. Since he came home to from the hospital my parents have paid for everything diapers clothing food ex... now since she was 17 can she legally get that guardianship back if we broke up? also i was wondering what the grandparents rights were, if they could get custody since they have paid for everything, even are personal doctor diagnosed my girlfriend with mental health problems, i know she wont sign custody to my parents but are there anyways we can get around her having her have to sign, if you can help please do so, much appreciated.
        nick
        You and her should get a consult with a local attorney.

Why are your parents providing all financial support for your child?

You both are old enough to get jobs and assist in financially supporting your own child. This is something that will come up when you consult with an attorney, or go to court.

Comment

I'm not sure about changing the guardianship but...I'm confused.

Why would she want the child back if you broke up? Wouldn't she be less able to support herself and the child? And her being a minor has nothing to do with her being the legal mother.

I agree with the other poster about getting a consult with an atty, and that you should both be working.

Any filings for changes to guardianship/custody requires both parents to be served and appear in court.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X