Constitutional Right Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constitutional Right Michigan

Has anyone ever used the "its a constitutional right" for a parent to be part of its child's life? That the state has no jurisdiction to whether a parent can have a relationship with their child. I have been doing a lot of reading on this but I don't want to use this if it just gets the courts angry.

There is nothing in the Constitition of the United States that addresses parental custodial agreements.

There is, in fact, very little legislative law about it. Custody is a civil matter and is awarded in the court.

If you can find a lawyer to present this theory, you will get laughed out of court.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Actually someone had told me to check out case law from New Jersey and Arizona. 23 Arizona Law Review 785 & 86 New Jersey 480. They talk about how it is a constitutional right for every parent to be with their child.

I do not plan or have I planned to use this. Just thought it was sort of silly. I have and always will fight for what is in the best interest of my son.

Comment

I didn't say you didn't have a right to see your child. Every parent does.

However, it is just not a constitutional right.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by prouddaddy View Post
          Actually someone had told me to check out case law from New Jersey and Arizona. 23 Arizona Law Review 785 & 86 New Jersey 480. They talk about how it is a constitutional right for every parent to be with their child.

I do not plan or have I planned to use this. Just thought it was sort of silly. I have and always will fight for what is in the best interest of my son.
          What are these numbers supposed to be? Statutes?

Title 23, articles 785 and 786 of the AZ statutes deals with Labor law and benefit fraud.

I have no idea what New Jersey 480 refers to.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X