Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Custody from my sister Ohio

Hi!

I am new to this site and I am desprate for information. My sister is addicted to drugs, and has two children. They all currently live with our parents. Who are respectively 62 abd 64. My sister has recently failed her parole issued drug test. My parents despite their best efforts are just to old to keep up with the 11/2 year old and the 7 year old. The 7 year old spends 3 days a week at my house currently. My sister has been approached about rehab, and is not interested. She is absent from the home and the kids lives for weeks at a time. Only resurfacing to ask for money from my parents who have recently stopped giving it to her.

I need to know what my best course of action is? The situation is deterierating and neice and nephew need to have stability. I want to file for custody but am not sure what I will need to have documented. Can someone please offer me some advice?

Originally posted by brcrmh1 View Post
    Hi!

I am new to this site and I am desprate for information. My sister is addicted to drugs, and has two children. They all currently live with our parents. Who are respectively 62 abd 64. My sister has recently failed her parole issued drug test. My parents despite their best efforts are just to old to keep up with the 11/2 year old and the 7 year old. The 7 year old spends 3 days a week at my house currently. My sister has been approached about rehab, and is not interested. She is absent from the home and the kids lives for weeks at a time. Only resurfacing to ask for money from my parents who have recently stopped giving it to her.

I need to know what my best course of action is? The situation is deterierating and neice and nephew need to have stability. I want to file for custody but am not sure what I will need to have documented. Can someone please offer me some advice?
    Where is the father of the children? Who has legal custody currently?

Comment

You would need to go through Juvenile Court. Do your parents have legal custody and if so, would they support your case for custody? Are the father(s) of these children in the picture? Do they have any custody/visitation orders?

We need a bit more of the specifics to be able to tell you anything.
      Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

The father has never been an actively participating memeber of their lives. He currently has a warrent out for his arrest for domestic violence. His name is on the birthcertificate but there is no formal agreement for visitation. My parents and I both have power of attorney for the children but no, offical custody papers have been filed. My parents would support me in court, I am just not sure where to start.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X