WA State Interest Awarded but not actually computed Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA State Interest Awarded but not actually computed Washington

Okay - Technical question here, I (finally) had my day in court, asked for interest on back support due (there is no current support, we adopted the kids, ex owed 19K) unpaid medical bills, a judgment on a secret bank account that he hid and now owes 1,200 on, and various attorney's fees of 5K, all with interest computed at 12% per anum.
    Well, we won the judgment for back support, plus interest, and the attorney fees plus interest, but not the other two issues.

Here is the issue - even though I have a judgment for the 12% per anum, the DCS computers can't actually figure out how to compute that. Soooo, they added the 8K in back interest to the amount owed, but they won't/can't add the additional 12% per year, as stated in the court order.

Who do I talk to about this? Apparently (as it was explained to me) I would have to go to court every year, pay an attorney 1,500 dollars, so that I can get a new judgment with the new interest amount, so they can tack that onto the child support owed. I already went to court, I already won the amount, and I certainly can't afford to re-do this every year until he pays all the back support. Any ideas?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X