disabled child in florida Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disabled child in florida Florida

My son is 14 yrs old, he has had two liver transplants (age 5 mo. and 9 yrs old) and considered terminally ill, but presently stable. Although it was suspected at age 2 that he was deaf, he was misdiagnosed until the age of 8 when he was found to be profoundly deaf and has about a 80 word vocab of extremely slurred speech , ie bath, with , mom, father . Until then he was diagnosed having processing issues and was in a class for mentally and physically disabled children. And wasnt put into the proper education until he was 9 yrs old. He is extremely behind educationally, and socially. He is on a "special diploma track".. he currently only reads on a 1st to 2nd grade level and math on a 2nd to 3rd grade level. His father and i divorced when he was 2 years of age. I reside in Florida. I am currently in a legal battle with my x husband for contempt of court for arrearages in child support, modification in child support, and asking the court to grant me child support on our son above the age of 18 because he will not be able to be self suffient . His medical expenses if on his own would be astronomical with out his father insurance. Although there is medicaid, medicaid will not pay for the exact medicines hes been on or the treatment he's recieved up till this point. I have to prove beyond doubt that my son will not be able to be self sufficient beyond age of majority. Does anyone know what exact proof id need to prove this case? how lienant florida judges are on this? The fact that he will probably recieve disability will they use that against him as far as being able to recieve support from his father? Any help would be appreciated.

Duplicate post
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

He wasn't arguing with you - all he did was point out for other posters that this thread is a duplicate of a thread you started elsewhere. Responders on this board read all sections in their areas of interest, so there's no need to start multiple threads. The rest of his post was his signature, which appears at the bottom of all posts he makes. Calm down, someone will reply to your original post when they have time.

Comment

Originally posted by brianna025 View Post
        My son is 14 yrs old, he has had two liver transplants (age 5 mo. and 9 yrs old) and considered terminally ill, but presently stable. Although it was suspected at age 2 that he was deaf, he was misdiagnosed until the age of 8 when he was found to be profoundly deaf and has about a 80 word vocab of extremely slurred speech , ie bath, with , mom, father . Until then he was diagnosed having processing issues and was in a class for mentally and physically disabled children. And wasnt put into the proper education until he was 9 yrs old. He is extremely behind educationally, and socially. He is on a "special diploma track".. he currently only reads on a 1st to 2nd grade level and math on a 2nd to 3rd grade level. His father and i divorced when he was 2 years of age. I reside in Florida. I am currently in a legal battle with my x husband for contempt of court for arrearages in child support, modification in child support, and asking the court to grant me child support on our son above the age of 18 because he will not be able to be self suffient . His medical expenses if on his own would be astronomical with out his father insurance. Although there is medicaid, medicaid will not pay for the exact medicines hes been on or the treatment he's recieved up till this point. I have to prove beyond doubt that my son will not be able to be self sufficient beyond age of majority. Does anyone know what exact proof id need to prove this case? how lienant florida judges are on this? The fact that he will probably recieve disability will they use that against him as far as being able to recieve support from his father? Any help would be appreciated.
        You will need to bring medical records to court as proof of your son's disabilities. In Florida CS is very often ordered for life when an adult "child" is disabled.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X