Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

father needs help proving mother unfit in TN! South Dakota Tennessee Tennessee Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• father needs help proving mother unfit in TN! South Dakota Tennessee Tennessee Tennessee

my fiance has a child with another girl that has a history of drug use. this girl wont let him see his child unless its "supervised" because she says that he was the one with the problem. i have known him for YEARS and we share a 5 year old daughter together, i would never let him around my child if this was true. they are going through the courts now and they have ordered hair follice test for both parties. this girl is mentally unstable and CANNOT function with out her prozac! She has even wrecked her last car beacuse she was high on cocaine. she lives with her mother because she cant pay her own bills,so her parents support her finantually. she has never lived on her own and has never been able to support herself.we would like to know how we can take the child away from her. the things that i have stated here are not hear say. all this will be evidence in the courts, is it posssible to take away the 4mo old child away from this raving lunatic?

Let me make sure I understand this....

You and your fiancee have a 5 year old child together and he has a 4 mo old child with someone ELSE and you know him well enough to state that her accusations are false?
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

we broke up for awhile and him and the other girl concieved the child during our break up. we were both engaged to other people. so it was not like he cheated on me or anything. but that is irrelevant. do you think this is possible for him to take this child?

Comment

oh and i want to also say he DOES NOT do drugs! i know this for a fact!as a result of my parents drug use i was adopted so i would never let that happen to my child PERIOD! drugs will not be a part of my life in any way and i expect my partner to respect those wished and if they cant then they are not right for me, he respects those wishes.

Comment

my fiance has a child with another girl that has a history of drug use.
          What kind of drug use? Is it documented either through a CONVICTION record or a CPS Investigation?

this girl wont let him see his child unless its "supervised" because she says that he was the one with the problem.
          Without a custody order she does not have LEGALLY allow any contact.

they are going through the courts now and they have ordered hair follice test for both parties.
          Thats good.

this girl is mentally unstable and CANNOT function with out her prozac!
          If this woman is Dx'ed with a condition that requires Prozac then she is doing the right thing by taking it. If she wasn't taking the med's then THAT would be a problem.

She has even wrecked her last car beacuse she was high on cocaine.
          Is that what the police report states?

she lives with her mother because she cant pay her own bills,so her parents support her finantually. she has never lived on her own and has never been able to support herself
          She has a good support network! Good for her!

we would like to know how we can take the child away from her
          We?? You think YOU have a dog in this fight?? Based on your posting the FATHER doesn't even have cause to have full custody. Joint custody with Joint Legal Custody...yes. Full? No.

all this will be evidence in the courts, is it posssible to take away the 4mo old child away from this raving lunatic?
          So your boyfriend had sex with a lunatic? Someone mentally incapable of giving LEGAL consent to sex perhaps?? You do realize that is rape don't you?? Be careful where you go with this...
          Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

ok first of all yes WE want to know. me just as much as him. as far as my dog, i would say that im the person in the back helping the two most important people in my life.my daughter and her father.as far as her car. yes the police records state that she was on cocaine,as for the prozac, she has been on and off of it and does not take it the way she should(like you said it is a problem if she dosent take it) and obviosly he had sex with a raving lunatic!! and that is a stupid question. rape? are you kidding?! if that was the case then she would have to have legal power of attorney to make her decisions. and did i say that she was UNABLE to make decisions due to her mental health? no! so that is not an issue. the issue is WE want to know if it is POSSIBLE to take the child away from a mother that has unstable bouts, has history of drug use, and has no stable income. if at best we would like to have joint custody with him as the primary care giver. now lets just stay to the facts and not to the wild strings that could be a possiblilty but only in a soap opera.ok

Comment

Facts:

HE goes into court and presents his evidence. The judge decides.

A court is not going to just strip this child away from the mother unless it can be proven that she is a danger to her child (that means, for example...did she wreck the car with the baby in it?). Even IF the court finds that the mother is not exactly stable and safe, don't expect the judge to hand the baby over that day..or if it is found that the child needs to be in a different environment, permanently. You're looking at the mother recieving (and being ordered to accept) help, training, drug counseling, parenting classes, etc. to attempt to help the mother and child first. Once all measures are exhausted, then primary placement with your boyfriend is probable, but she will STILL have custodial rights of some form with her child.

YOU will have no legal bearing or right.

Oh...and is your boyfriend even the LEGAL father of this child?
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
              (unique up on him)
              How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
              (same way)

Comment

ok first of all yes WE want to know. me just as much as him.
                YOU cannot do ANYTHING. You are a LEGAL stranger. YOU have NOTHING to do with this. You are the flavor of the month.
                as far as my dog, i would say that im the person in the back helping the two most important people in my life.my daughter and her father.
                Who is here today and may be gone tomorrow?

as far as her car. yes the police records state that she was on cocaine,as for the prozac, she has been on and off of it and does not take it the way she should(like you said it is a problem if she dosent take it) and obviosly he had sex with a raving lunatic!!
                Nope. Not obvious. Your opinion maybe but not obvious. And if he had sex with a raving lunatic what does that say about him?

and that is a stupid question. rape? are you kidding?!
                Nope. Not a joke. If she is legally a raving lunatic, he raped her because she would be considered legally incompetent. Hence he should pack his bags. Now if it is YOUR opinion that she is a raving lunatic then that is different and defamation most likely.

if that was the case then she would have to have legal power of attorney to make her decisions. and did i say that she was UNABLE to make decisions due to her mental health? no! so that is not an issue.
                Then you are defaming her.
                the issue is WE want to know if it is POSSIBLE to take the child away from a mother that has unstable bouts, has history of drug use, and has no stable income.
                WE can NOT.

if at best we would like to have joint custody with him as the primary care giver.

WE would NOT have joint custody. He might be able to get joint custody but most likely he will NOT be primary.

now lets just stay to the facts and not to the wild strings that could be a possiblilty but only in a soap opera.ok
                Then quit stating she is a raving lunatic and such.
                The fact is YOU are not involved. Your dear darling fiance/lover/bedmate chose her as a mother. Now he is back with you and she is a horrible person.

Comment

she has always been a horrible person i tried to tell him from the beginning. he had no idea how she was, i on the other hand tried to do all that i could to keep her away from our child. now her true colors have been exposed and he sees the real girl. unfortunately there is now another little girl in the mix that needs her father.

as for the flavor of the month totally irrelavent...our relationship had nothing to do with the question. and i highly doubt that 7 years total is the flavor of the month.but who cares.

and another thing, of corse he is the legal father. he has one child already, he knows what he had to do to make that happen and he did. but this is not helping at all i will just seek other help. i didnt come here for some soccer moms to put us down

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeauty View Post
                    she has always been a horrible person i tried to tell him from the beginning. he had no idea how she was, i on the other hand tried to do all that i could to keep her away from our child. now her true colors have been exposed and he sees the real girl. unfortunately there is now another little girl in the mix that needs her father.

as for the flavor of the month totally irrelavent...our relationship had nothing to do with the question. and i highly doubt that 7 years total is the flavor of the month.but who cares.

and another thing, of corse he is the legal father. he has one child already, he knows what he had to do to make that happen and he did. but this is not helping at all i will just seek other help. i didnt come here for some soccer moms to put us down
                    Ohiogal is a Family Law Attorney. A VERIFIED Attorney.

our relationship had nothing to do with the question.
                    Really? Thats what I said but in your first post you wrote this:

we would like to know how we can take the child away from her.
                    YOU can do nothing. And based on your posting of the situation neither can the PARENT of the child. He CAN file for visitation. He MAY be awarded Joint Custody/Legal Custody. But he WILL NOT get full custody based on your posting of the situation.
                    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Bay

Comment

she has always been a horrible person i tried to tell him from the beginning. he had no idea how she was,
                      Here is what you are missing: When he was having sex with her and getting his jollies HE did NOT believe she was a horrible person. And if he did, what does that say about HIS character. HE CHOSE HER. He is the one who made her a mom. Just because he decided to visit your bed doesn't mean she loses her child.

i on the other hand tried to do all that i could to keep her away from our child.
                      And what if she decides to do everything she can to keep YOU away from HER child. Which she can do.
                      now her true colors have been exposed and he sees the real girl.
                      Did his penis blind him before? I mean seriously. You don't know HOW he views her. You know what he says to you.

unfortunately there is now another little girl in the mix that needs her father.
                      And that little girl also needs her mother. What she does not need is someone who wants to replace her mother.

YOU are NOBODY legally. NO BODY! You are a legal stranger. YOU seem to believe that you are relevant because you are sharing HIS bed. You are in HIS life. That means nothing to parenting this child. Or for custody of this child.

and another thing, of corse he is the legal father.
                      Of course. So he signed the AOP or had a paternity test court ordered?

he has one child already, he knows what he had to do to make that happen and he did. but this is not helping at all i will just seek other help. i
                      You are so missing the point. YOU are not in this.

didnt come here for some soccer moms to put us down
                      I am not a soccer mom but even if it was it doesn't change the fact that my advice is true and correct.

Comment

Well, of course you think she is a horrible person. Your boyfriend had sex and impregnated her, thus resulting in a child. I don't think I would like anyone that had my husband's baby, either. However, that doesn't mean that I would have any right to make any demands regarding that hypothetical child.
                        Glad you finally figured that out. You may not be the 'flavor of the month' (and for what it's worth, I never addressed you in that manner) but it sure does sound like you and your boyfriend have a less than ideal and stable relationship. Whose to say that you and he will not seperate again and create more children with other people? If and when you reconcile, are you planning on filing for custody of any and all of his other potential children?

Just because it is not the answer that you are desperately wanting us to give you doesn't mean that the information is wrong.

Oh, and none of my munchkins plays soccer. 2 are competitive gymnasts(and are very good), one is an amazing musician and plays a mean game of tennis, and the other is only 3 but is already planning on playing football for UT (that would be Texas, not the other UT ). I love when he gives me the "Hook 'em" sign...of course that was one of the first things I taught him to do before his daddy could teach him to root for the Buckeyes.

We don't do soccer.
                        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                        (unique up on him)
                        (same way)

Comment

What's wrong with Soccer Mom's? And Boomer Sooner!! (Just did that for Mommyof4)
                          Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by atsiamanda View Post
                            What's wrong with Soccer Mom's? And Boomer Sooner!! (Just did that for Mommyof4)
                            Didn't you know...

soccer mom's are evil!!!

Bay

Comment

Originally posted by atsiamanda View Post
                              You just had to go there, didn't you?
                              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                              (unique up on him)
                              (same way)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X