What happens now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens now?

We went to court going on 2 weeks ago. Lawyers talked to the judge about supervised visits. His lawyer told the judge they were worried about the cost involved. We went into open court and my lawyer and his agreeded to EVERY Saturday with supervised visits in a place called Harmony House. (they had an opening thats why he was gonna get every saturday). Well I went right after court to do my share do the paperwork. As of today we are no longer on the list because he has not called or been in to do his paper work. They can't hold a spot because so many people are waiting for one so now its gone.

IF he gets in touch with them they will be in touch with me. Then we will have to see if they have any openings.

We are suppose to go back to court in May. We are suppose to have a list of people that we would be ok supervising but I had already planned on asking that Harmony House continue to supervise because of his past at least untill the child is 7 or 8 years old.

Any ideas of what may happen? I know I wont be in trouble because I did everything I was suppose to do...

As of right now it has been 17 months since he has seen his child. And he is a convicted felon for child sex abuse. That is why supervised visits were asked for. And he did not do anything till I asked for Custody and Child Support for the child. He then came back wanting custody himself. (in mediation he did agree to supervised visits)

Originally posted by KidzMom View Post
    We went to court going on 2 weeks ago. Lawyers talked to the judge about supervised visits. His lawyer told the judge they were worried about the cost involved. We went into open court and my lawyer and his agreeded to EVERY Saturday with supervised visits in a place called Harmony House. (they had an opening thats why he was gonna get every saturday). Well I went right after court to do my share do the paperwork. As of today we are no longer on the list because he has not called or been in to do his paper work. They can't hold a spot because so many people are waiting for one so now its gone.

IF he gets in touch with them they will be in touch with me. Then we will have to see if they have any openings.

We are suppose to go back to court in May. We are suppose to have a list of people that we would be ok supervising but I had already planned on asking that Harmony House continue to supervise because of his past at least untill the child is 7 or 8 years old.

Any ideas of what may happen? I know I wont be in trouble because I did everything I was suppose to do...

As of right now it has been 17 months since he has seen his child. And he is a convicted felon for child sex abuse. That is why supervised visits were asked for. And he did not do anything till I asked for Custody and Child Support for the child. He then came back wanting custody himself. (in mediation he did agree to supervised visits)
    Was a temp order issued, and did it specifically state that visists were to be at Harmony House?

If so, and the visits cannot be at Harmony House it would seem that denying visits would be ok, especially in light of the fact that the existing opening was closed due to ex's refusal to do what he was required. However, ask your attorney just to make sure.

Under the circumstances, it's a pretty safe guess that the Judge will not have any symphathy for ex's claims of not being able to afford the costs of supervised visits.

Comment

yes

Was a temp order issued, and did it specifically state that visists were to be at Harmony House?

If so, and the visits cannot be at Harmony House it would seem that denying visits would be ok, especially in light of the fact that the existing opening was closed due to ex's refusal to do what he was required. However, ask your attorney just to make sure.

Under the circumstances, it's a pretty safe guess that the Judge will not have any symphathy for ex's claims of not being able to afford the costs of supervised visits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The temp order was for every Saturday at Harmony House. My lawyer had called to see if they had any openings and that was the only one they had.
      Harmony House told me IF he calls they will be back in touch with me and we can go from there as far as working out another day.

We are suppose to go back to court in May.

I had already had one of my daughters to take a couple of days off from work and a friend standing by to help with my other son and scouting stuff that I was gonna miss on Saturdays because of his visits. Guess I wont worry about that now since they very rarely have Saturday openings.

Any ideas on what the judge MAY do about visits in May if he does nothing till then?

I took my lawyer copies of my paper work I did that day and a note that Harmony House wrote stating that as of today they had not heard from my ex. My lawyer said he is gonna send it to my exs lawyer.

Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        The temp order was for every Saturday at Harmony House. My lawyer had called to see if they had any openings and that was the only one they had.
        Harmony House told me IF he calls they will be back in touch with me and we can go from there as far as working out another day.

We are suppose to go back to court in May.

I had already had one of my daughters to take a couple of days off from work and a friend standing by to help with my other son and scouting stuff that I was gonna miss on Saturdays because of his visits. Guess I wont worry about that now since they very rarely have Saturday openings.

Any ideas on what the judge MAY do about visits in May if he does nothing till then?

I took my lawyer copies of my paper work I did that day and a note that Harmony House wrote stating that as of today they had not heard from my ex. My lawyer said he is gonna send it to my exs lawyer.
        Are you still considering a TPR? If you are, now would be a good time to ask for it. Ex has shown now that he has no real interest in his son and combined with his past of sexualing abusing his own child, it seems like a Judge would gladly TPR.

Comment

Not sure

I was wondering if the judge would consider ordering no visitation since you always here CS and Visitation are 2 different things.

Right now I am not even dating so I am not sure if he would grant a TPR since there is no one to help support him...

Comment

I was wondering if the judge would consider ordering no visitation since you always here CS and Visitation are 2 different things.

Right now I am not even dating so I am not sure if he would grant a TPR since there is no one to help support him...
            For now, you're probably right, asking for no vistation is much more likely to be granted. At the very least I could see the Judge ordering the twice amonth supervised just like ex said he wanted in the first place.
            Please keep us updated on how things are going.

Comment

ex never really asked for anything

When I filed for CS and Custody he asked for Custody. Said in mediation he would do supervised visits. MY lawyer is the one that offered them EVERY weekend since the Harmony House had that opened. In chambers his lawer said he was worried about the cost.... It has been over 2 weeks and he has still not even called to see how much visits would be or anything.

AND today I FINALLY got an insurance card for the child after 4 months of him NOT telling me he had changed it. Child has a heart problem along with other problems and thats how much he cares....

Also, he will NOT give me a medical history I have been trying to get for over a year...

Comment

When I filed for CS and Custody he asked for Custody. Said in mediation he would do supervised visits. MY lawyer is the one that offered them EVERY weekend since the Harmony House had that opened. In chambers his lawer said he was worried about the cost.... It has been over 2 weeks and he has still not even called to see how much visits would be or anything.

AND today I FINALLY got an insurance card for the child after 4 months of him NOT telling me he had changed it. Child has a heart problem along with other problems and thats how much he cares....

Also, he will NOT give me a medical history I have been trying to get for over a year...
                Ask your attorney about filing a motion asking the court to order him to sign a HIPPA release so that YOU can get copies of his medical records.

Comment

i need family info

I was trying to get info on the family because of the different things going on. THANKFULLY one of his cousins found out a LOT for me...

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X