What does a person have to do to PAY child support Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a person have to do to PAY child support Louisiana

I am convinced that the courts and child support are insane in LA. I have been trying to PAY child support and provide insurance on my child since March 07. last april the mom lies to the state attorney and tells her I am not the father, I finally get into court after being run around by my own attoreny in September & the mama doesnt contest the suit. Judge orders DNA, I pay $450 for a 3 day turn around test and the baby is mine, my attorney informs me that she needs $5000 to continue, so I fire her and go to the state and ask them to accept my DNA so I can at least provide for my baby. They tell me I cant because the mama closed the case, I call New Orleans and speak to another state attorney who tells me the mama didnt have the right to close the case because I opended it not her and she asks me to fax the DNA and they will handle it, she gets a regional involved and also since my baby is missing and there is now a question regarding WHO has her custody they will get the answers. The last 3 weeks I have been doing nothing but making calls. I finally get in touch with the New Orleans lady and she cant believe they have dropped the ball AGAIN, they are now saying they cant find my paperwork where I applied. So does anyone know what else I can do to provide for her?? I take 15% of my check our each week and its in a savings for her, but I refuse to touch that money for an attorney.. its hers.

Only good thing is that my baby was spotted at a restuarant with her mama and her grandmother, as soon as they saw my friend and his mom they got up and left before their food came, the waiter was mad because the food was coming out. My friends mom says they are hiding something. Also dound out the mama is dating a guy in his 20's and she may have left the house and is living with him and her parents probably have the custody. State Attorney lady said that if she gave her custody to her parents that looks good for me and it is also easier for me to take custody. I have also spoken to my bank officer and he told me to keep up with building my credit and that if I wait about 3 more months they can probably give me a persoanl loan, which I will use to hire a good attorney and get this straightened out.
    How bout them Cowboys?

You're doing all you can sweety! I'm so impressed and proud of you. I continue to hope and pray that things start going your way. It's time that little girl had her Daddy in her life.

OSM
    Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

Originally posted by tornado87 View Post
      I am convinced that the courts and child support are insane in LA. I have been trying to PAY child support and provide insurance on my child since March 07. last april the mom lies to the state attorney and tells her I am not the father, I finally get into court after being run around by my own attoreny in September & the mama doesnt contest the suit. Judge orders DNA, I pay $450 for a 3 day turn around test and the baby is mine, my attorney informs me that she needs $5000 to continue, so I fire her and go to the state and ask them to accept my DNA so I can at least provide for my baby. They tell me I cant because the mama closed the case, I call New Orleans and speak to another state attorney who tells me the mama didnt have the right to close the case because I opended it not her and she asks me to fax the DNA and they will handle it, she gets a regional involved and also since my baby is missing and there is now a question regarding WHO has her custody they will get the answers. The last 3 weeks I have been doing nothing but making calls. I finally get in touch with the New Orleans lady and she cant believe they have dropped the ball AGAIN, they are now saying they cant find my paperwork where I applied. So does anyone know what else I can do to provide for her?? I take 15% of my check our each week and its in a savings for her, but I refuse to touch that money for an attorney.. its hers.

Only good thing is that my baby was spotted at a restuarant with her mama and her grandmother, as soon as they saw my friend and his mom they got up and left before their food came, the waiter was mad because the food was coming out. My friends mom says they are hiding something. Also dound out the mama is dating a guy in his 20's and she may have left the house and is living with him and her parents probably have the custody. State Attorney lady said that if she gave her custody to her parents that looks good for me and it is also easier for me to take custody. I have also spoken to my bank officer and he told me to keep up with building my credit and that if I wait about 3 more months they can probably give me a persoanl loan, which I will use to hire a good attorney and get this straightened out.
      Don't worry, in time it will all get straightened out, mainly because you are working so hard to do things the right way. You are truly a wonderful father.

Besides CS, you really need to also file for some custody and visitation, it sounds like you'll need to have everything in a fully enforceable court order.

Comment

I take 15% of my check our each week and its in a savings for her, but I refuse to touch that money for an attorney.. its hers.
        This is a very smart thing you are doing. Best of luck to you! Your baby deserves to be raised by her father as well as her mother/extended family. I hope you can eventually work it out so that all of you are positive contributors to her life.

Comment

I don't have any new advice for you... it sounds like you've covered all your bases as best you can... Just wanted to say it's great to hear of fathers like you out there!

God Bless!
          Amy

Comment

Heres an update...

My buddy called me last night (hes the one that saw her in the restuarant and they left before the food hit the table), he goes to the same church as her and her family and he was helping in the teen group yesterday. The mamas little sister was in the group, so my buddy asks her how the baby is doing and she tells him "she is not allowed to talk to any of my friends about the baby". He said she was very nervous about it. He told her he was sorry and said he hoped that the baby was doing good since they never bring her to the church. My hair stood up on my neck when he told me this because I dont understand how they can think they can hide her forever, alot of my friends dont have plans of leaving, its a college town and most are going to school there and making their lives there. Hoping the state attorney will call me today or tommorrow.
            How bout them Cowboys?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X