Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collecting child support w/out granting visitation Illinois

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Collecting child support w/out granting visitation Illinois

    Can a single mother collect child support in the state of Illinois without granting visitation? My daughter's father and I split when I was 3 months pregnant. He has made no attempts to make contact with me since and I have not made any attempts to contact him. She's now 7 1/2 and financially things are getting more difficult. I'd like to collect child support without granting visitation to the *******. My sister has told me that I should go through the state and claim I don't know who the father is or that I don't know where to find him. But I'm just not that kind of person!

    Any suggestions?

  • #2
    I have moved your post to a more appropriate location - your question has nothing to do with labor law, which is where you originally located it.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cbg View Post
      I have moved your post to a more appropriate location - your question has nothing to do with labor law, which is where you originally located it.
      Thanks! I realized it too late and didn't know who the mods on the site are!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cuddlyjessica View Post
        Can a single mother collect child support in the state of Illinois without granting visitation? My daughter's father and I split when I was 3 months pregnant. He has made no attempts to make contact with me since and I have not made any attempts to contact him. She's now 7 1/2 and financially things are getting more difficult. I'd like to collect child support without granting visitation to the *******. My sister has told me that I should go through the state and claim I don't know who the father is or that I don't know where to find him. But I'm just not that kind of person!

        Any suggestions?
        Your daughter doesn't have a father at this point. IF the man you believe to be the father is adjudicated per a DNA test ordered by the state, he will be ordered to pay support and will have EVERY RIGHT to seek visitation and custody. He will have the right to contribute to the decision making regarding HIS child.

        Calling him a ******* for not contacting you when he would have no way of knowing if he has a child is nasty. For all he knows you had a abortion, miscarriage, stillbirth...heck! The child may not even be his. You need to get off you moral high-horse and start acting in the best interest of your child. It is in her best interest to know her father and be supported by both parents.

        Tell you sister lying on Government/State Aide paper work is a felony. It is not the taxpayers responsibility to support a child you decided to have when you are not able to support that child. Time to grow up Mom and act like an adult.

        Before you come back and attack me for my blunt post...Any competent attorney will tell you the same thing. He may phrase it a little nicer...But then again he is paid $300.00 per hour to be nice. For free you get blunt.
        Last edited by Baystategirl; 02-19-2008, 08:06 AM.
        Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

        Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

        Bay

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Baystategirl View Post
          Your daughter doesn't have a father at this point. IF the man you believe to be the father is adjudicated per a DNA test ordered by the state, he will be ordered to pay support and will have EVERY RIGHT to seek visitation and custody. He will have the right to contribute to the decision making regarding HIS child.

          Calling him a ******* for not contacting you when he would have no way of knowing if he has a child is nasty. For all he knows you had a abortion, miscarriage, stillbirth...heck! The child may not even be his. You need to get off you moral high-horse and start acting in the best interest of your child. It is in her best interest to know her father and be supported by both parents.

          Tell you sister lying on Government/State Aide paper work is a felony. It is not the taxpayers responsibility to support a child you decided to have when you are not able to support that child. Time to grow up Mom and act like an adult.

          Before you come back and attack me for my blunt post...Any competent attorney will tell you the same thing. He may phrase it a little nicer...But then again he is paid $300.00 per hour to be nice. For free you get blunt.
          FYI: calling him a ******* has NOTHING to do with the fact that he has no interest in his child. He's a ******* for other reasons. Hence the not wanting to open the door to visitation rights. But thanks for being such a "blunt" person as you say....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cuddlyjessica View Post
            FYI: calling him a ******* has NOTHING to do with the fact that he has no interest in his child. He's a ******* for other reasons. Hence the not wanting to open the door to visitation rights. But thanks for being such a "blunt" person as you say....
            Doesn't matter. After adjudication he is still going to be daddy.

            You're Welcome.
            Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

            Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

            Bay

            Comment

            The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X