Does anyone know New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know New Jersey

I have done research but have been unable to find info. What age does a child no longer need to have visitation with non custodial parent. Child is 16 dosen't want to go anymore.

I could not find any information specific to New Jersey, but did find a lawyers web site over in Cal. and read what he posted about this subject.... basically, that attorney said it is the custodial parents obligation to "make the child available" for visitation, and to "reasonably compel the child to visit."

I would say, that at 16 years old, Dad should be informed the child does not wish to visit and given the chance to try anyway, and told he would need to pick the child up at your home.... and YOU just make sure the child is at home, and available for Dad to TRY.... Dad has to convince her - its HIS relationship with her that is not in good standing.... don't damage it by encouraging her not to go, but obviously, at 16, you can hardly force her.

Just my opinion......... based on what I've read...... someone else may have better legal advice.....

God Bless!
    Amy

Comment

Originally posted by Helping Hand View Post
      I have done research but have been unable to find info. What age does a child no longer need to have visitation with non custodial parent. Child is 16 dosen't want to go anymore.
      If the vistation is court ordered, the child cannot choose until they become an adult.

Or, until the court order is modified.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X