Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Moving to file for full custody North Carolina

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moving to file for full custody North Carolina

    I filed for child support a week after my daughter was born. The father kept telling everyone after she was born that she wasn't his. I was reduced to making him take a Paternity test. After 4 months he has finally taken the test and proved to be the father. He hasn't paid Child Support at all and is now moving out of state.
    When I told him that his daughter was born he threatened me with "If you seek child support I will sue for custody." My worry now is that he is moving to Tenn to seek full custody and I cant afford to find a lawyer in Tenn or go to tenn for court dates. Is there anything I can do to prevent orders in going to Tenn or Something I can do to stop him in his tracks so to speak. He hasnt attempted to see his child since she has been born and he still hasn't shown interest in doing so.
    What can I do?

  • #2
    He would have to file here...

    In the child home state. If you and the child live in NC and he is moving to Tn and is going to file for custody there, they will throw it out as he already has a pending case here.

    Take a deep breath and see if you can file for legal aid. If he moves, he screws himself in getting joint custody.


    • #3
      I talked to an attorney today to get my ducks in a row in case those things did happen. I have 6 months before he can file anything in Tenn because he has to establish residency and I am in the works to file for custody of my own daughter that has been in my home since the day she was born.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.