Visitation questions Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitation questions Illinois

My daughter is 2 years old now and her mother hasn't been letting me see her that much at all. From the time she was born til about she was 6 months old her mother would let me see her all the time. During this time i was unemployed. After Fathers day of 2006 she was 6 months old and her mother just out of no where told me i couldn't see her anymore. I told her i was going to take her to court to get visitation. After about 5 months, i was able to come up with enough money to file a petition to get visitation. I managed to get into court around Febrary 2007 and she got a good lawyer and of course i couldn't get one due to lack of money. In the mean time my child support was getting behind even though i was unemployed. I still don't understand how Public Aid can want child support without me in their court defending myself.... But anyway, i had to settle for 2 hours every other week at her decretion and supervised (for whatever reason) because i couldnt afford anymore mediation fees. I have seen my daughter every other week for the past 7 months now just for 2 hours every other week and i have never been late nor missed a chance to see her. Just recently i got a very good paying job and i have been paying my child support plus back support and she still is telling me she wouldn't let me have more time with her. She makes these lame excuses why i can't have her for the weekend or just for a few hours. I told her she is being very selfish but its like talking to a wall.
    Bottom line is i have been trying my hardest to get to see my daughter as much as i can and i can now afford to go back to court and pay for mediation fees. My question is, can her mother still stop me from getting the visitation i want? I have never been arrested for anything or am not a violent person. I rarely drink and i don't smoke. I have a very nice place to live and i have a great desire to see my daughter more.
    Last edited by Ildad; 01-24-2008, 03:01 AM.

you should have no problem getting standard visitation, don't let her scare you away from fighting for it
    http://www.gestaltmediation.com/

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X