calculation arrears Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lday511 View Post
    Again with the PERSONAL OPINIONS! You don't know me, so YOU cannot tell ME why I am doing something! I am thinking about ALL of our futures by continuing my education. And you do not know all of the details of my situation, so again, please keep your opinions to yourself. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Or do you just need someone to lecture?
    Maybe if I say it slower.

Your education is a luxury. Your motivation is not important.

A judge will not adjust your payments because you are paying tuition. Therefore, you need to adjust your tuition to fit your disposable income after payments are made.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Why is it that when a poster doesn't get the answer he/she wants, it suddenly becomes a huge "YOU DON'T KNOW ME and MY SITUATION" sob story.

Seriously, every time....

Nobody understands that we don't HAVE to know you to know that your primary obligation (both legally and morally) is to support the children you bring into this world. If you can't support them, don't have them. It's that simple.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
        Why is it that when a poster doesn't get the answer he/she wants, it suddenly becomes a huge "YOU DON'T KNOW ME and MY SITUATION" sob story.

Seriously, every time....

Nobody understands that we don't HAVE to know you to know that your primary obligation (both legally and morally) is to support the children you bring into this world. If you can't support them, don't have them. It's that simple.
        No kidding.

I realize that people come here with an agenda... but they need to realize that we don't make the laws or the system.

Would they rather we lied to them to make them feel better only to have a judge laugh at them in open court?

Fine.

Your educational expenses are more important than supporting your children. Your ex husband's lack of employment means that you can, legally, have him tarred and feathered and walked through your town on a railroad tie. In fact, you should take him to court to make him pay for your education.

Feel better?

For everyone else... the above quoted italized part is completely false and anyone that thinks courts work that way is an idiot.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Would they rather we lied to them to make them feel better only to have a judge laugh at them in open court?

No, I would rather someone have told me my options as far as paying back the arrearage. Instead of giving me their own personal opinions. I did have options, I was told by you guys that I didn't. I understand you don't make the laws, but don't act like you know the law, when you don't. Or make sure what you are telling someone is actually true.

Comment

Originally posted by lday511 View Post

No, I would rather someone have told me my options as far as paying back the arrearage. Instead of giving me their own personal opinions. I did have options, I was told by you guys that I didn't. I understand you don't make the laws, but don't act like you know the law, when you don't. Or make sure what you are telling someone is actually true.
            First, you tell us you have an order to pay.

That means that the court has already decided.

Then, you tell us you go to court and resolve to pay less.

If you had told us that a court date was pending to decide the amount, our answers would have been different. However, your initial post just told us that it had already been decided and your boss was being given a notice of garnishment.

We can only work with what you give us. You are correct, we do not know every nuance of your case... but you have to at least tell us whether a court decision has been made.

Comment

Well that's the thing ,the judge didn't order it, that's why I was so confused, it was ordered by the prosecutor's office. I thought I had mentioned that part, that was one of the major things I was wondering about; how they could make that decision when there is a judge in the case and we both have legal representation. And neither my attorney or I knew of this before the order came to my employer. Because the judge had issued an additional $5 a week from when the child support was asked for, and when it was ordered (that was paid by the way) So I didn't understand why a judge would order only $5, but for a separate issue (my not paying during maternity leave) the prosecutor would make me pay $20 per week. I guess that's my mistake for not including that important detail.
              I just wish people wouldn't jump to the conclusion that I am a deadbeat and am not willing to take care of my child, because that is not the case. I was just having a hard time and got behind, and I have every intention of paying it back.

Comment

Your pay cannot be garnished unless a judge says so. Period.

I don't know why the court would have sent that to your boss before a ruling... my guess is that they prepared the paperwork in advance and someone jumped the gun.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X