Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Custody question, child support, douchbag father Utah

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Custody question, child support, douchbag father Utah

    So my wife has a 5 year old son to man she was never married to. Right now through the Office of Recovery Services my wife is deemed the custodial parent. Nothing has been filed in court by her or the father. Right now the state garnishes his paychecks (9 bucks ever 2 weeks) but its not nearly the amount he was deemed to pay ($240) he is a server in a restaurant so he makes $2.13 an hour + tips. My question is this, can he take her son and then be called the custodial parent? Does he have visitation rights if nothing has been filed in court? What should we do to protect our son? Can we file something to get him to pay what he owes us? Any help, advice would be great. Thank you
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.